The Ultimate Battery Thread

Yan_man

Advanced Member
should try eurocar parts - 50 quid for the exide which seems to have the highest rating out from what is displayed. http://www.eurocarpa...44771566/p/home
  • Amp Hours (Ah): 45
  • Cold Cracking Amp (CCA): 390CCA
  • Length: 237mm
  • Width: 127mm
  • Height: 227mm
discount code = battery15

Just bought one and fitted today for £66.30 delivered to my door with the discount code (battery15). Always had a problem with my old battery in the cold weather plus my old one only lasted for about 4 years. Very helpful thread this.
Cheers guys.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Just ordered myself the exide battery from eurocarparts using battery20 for a 20% discount. Final price was 66 including delivery. Not bad considering it looks to be considerably better than the original battery.

Dazmartin

Sorry to be a pain guys, need a battery as I am having to charge mine every night. The one in is tiny, it doesn't fill the tray. Can anyone confirm the Varta Blue Car Battery B31 please ?
Its a lot of money this time of year if it doesn't fit.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/B31/

Happy Christmas ! Wishing everyone :xcheers: a good new year

FireDance

Advanced Member
Anybody know if there is a discount code for batteries at Eurocarparts at the minute?

Cheers

Tim J

Advanced Member
There are only two type 156 Battery's at Eurocarparts, I'm currently looking at the Bosch one for £58 or so, discount code tweet5 for 5% off

HTH

Cheers

wocka

Advanced Member
Are ep3 batterys the same? I could do with one like today so halfords is my best option, i put in a friends ep3 reg and it came up with 2 halfords branded ones

HB053 and HB057. Spec on both are the same so guessing the difference is the terminals

Dimensions (LxDxH): 238x129x227mm
Guarantee: 3 Years
Type: Lead Acid
Detailed Specs

AH Value: 45
Bench Charge: 4.5 Amps
Startup Power: 330 Amps

FireDance

Advanced Member
Finally got my new battery yesterday. I got bored of calling AA out :xlol:

EP3 battery is slightly different so will not fit a DC5

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Does a higher CCA eliminate the starter motor squeeling from cold then? It's rather annoying!!

civic17_99

Advanced Member
C2AXG said:
Does a higher CCA eliminate the starter motor squeeling from cold then? It's rather annoying!!
It doesn't stop the squealing when cold but it definitely helps in the cold weather.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Just going to add to this thread is anybody is looking for a Dry Cell Battery. My Odyssey battery lasted a year only. Which was a waste of £120. If you want a drycell battery go for a PowerVAmp Battery. It has lasted longer than my Odyssey and is 1/3 the price. Also get a Ctek battery charger to keep it topped up.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
eBay at the moment have a Yuasa 400cca type 053 battery with all perfect fitment dimensions for £45 delivered!

Just got one. Bargain in my eyes! My honda one from japan is tiny and is useless so this will be a welcome addition!

jrscho

Advanced Member
So think I'm due a new battery as my car keeps needing a jump start after afew days! And today it sounded like it was struggling to start after the car was off for under half an hour..

Did some searching on here and a lot recommended Halfords one, 054 I think the code ended in however it's not on there website. My current battery is a Bosch battery, and it's been great! Had my car over 4 years now and haven't had any problems at all bar one time, didn't drive my car for 2 weeks so the battery was flat. Jump start it and was fine again for a good year or so.

Is everyone still using the oem battery you can get off cox/Hendy? Just wondering everyone who has an oem one, how long has it lasted? Ideally want something abit better, scotlands not the hottest if places either so more cold starts. But for currently £60 it's decent I guess! But can't seem to find any info on it about the power etc.

My current one is 40Ah, 330CCA and cheapest price I can find is £65, some sites selling for £95. So would be good to know what oem is like compared!

Edit: Has anyone also tried Yuasa YBX3000 or YBX5053? They're apparently recommended on Yuasa website for dc5. Seem good with 48Ah/430cca

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I've got the Yuasa YBX5053. No problems whatsoever with starting after a couole of weeks unused.

Did go flat when I left the interior light on though :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I've got the Yuasa YBX5053. No problems whatsoever with starting after a couole of weeks unused.

Ah cheers John! Ended up getting the same Battery I had as it was in stock on the day plus decent price. Had to order asap as my battery wouldn't even hold a charge anymore so died as soon as my car was off! will definetely try that battery next though providing I have a dc5 still when my battery next goes lol

Rom

Advanced Member
Another Yuasa 5053 here. I'd have liked the higher spec one, but couldn't deal with a silver battery

I use a mxs 5.0 charger on it too. As rarely used at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

big-pete

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:

just, for those with trade at TPS- its 45squid plus the vat ;) which is a reasonable saving haha.
i dont need a battery at the moment but its one of those things you dont want to need, and the battery in mine is a bit doggy.
also thanks to OP for making the thread.