The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Got it details by Jimmer on Saturday, I'd thoroughly recommend him. Really pleased with the results! Also renewed the side decals as they were past their best.

Also cleared out and sorted the garage so I could fit the car in. I've been meaning to do it for ages because there's new houses going up so there's dust everywhere.

Fits nicely.

I've had the house two and a half years and the garage has always been full of junk so I'm proper chuffed with it.

As per my other thread I had an issue with the RBC throttle body adaptor which was sorted. Very productive day!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Got it details by Jimmer on Saturday, I'd thoroughly recommend him. Really pleased with the results! Also renewed the side decals as they were past their best.

Also cleared out and sorted the garage so I could fit the car in. I've been meaning to do it for ages because there's new houses going up so there's dust everywhere.

Fits nicely.

I've had the house two and a half years and the garage has always been full of junk so I'm proper chuffed with it.

As per my other thread I had an issue with the RBC throttle body adaptor which was sorted. Very productive day!
Looks like James did a fantastic job mate, bet you are impressed! Don't suppose you know what he managed to fit in in a days work do you? Interested to hear what he manages to fit in :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Deep clean, clay bar, two stage machine polish, wax seal, headlight restoration, and a sausage sandwich!

He arrived around half 8, left at around half 4 I think maybe 5. Nice guy as well.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Deep clean, clay bar, two stage machine polish, wax seal, headlight restoration, and a sausage sandwich!

He arrived around half 8, left at around half 4 I think maybe 5. Nice guy as well.
Jesus, he works fast. That's some work ethic there! I'd struggle to get that done in that time. Always find myself giving the car extra passes to get that bit more correction. Good stuff anyway mate. Glad your happy with it.

Yeah he's a lovely lad, met him at Japfest this year. Looks much much smarter!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That's come out looking really nice Chris, Well done James, I do all my detailing by hand as never had access to use or master a machine polisher so takes me a few hours more, maybe something I need to look at learning

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
That's come out looking really nice Chris, Well done James, I do all my detailing by hand as never had access to use or master a machine polisher so takes me a few hours more, maybe something I need to look at learning
You should mate, modern dual action machines make life a doddle to be honest when it comes to polishing

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
One thing we were both impressed with was the paintwork underneath. Next to no dents we could see, no orange peel, no swirls etc.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
One thing we were both impressed with was the paintwork underneath. Next to no dents we could see, no orange peel, no swirls etc.
That's spot on then. Nice one

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thanks for the love guy's :) haha,..ive had a white teg for coming up 6 years now so knew exactly what combination of bits to use, how to manoeuver around getting into all the awkward spaces etc.
You know what I mean? Was just like washing mine...but dirtier haha. By 12 the whol car was clayed, I only did the outside of the car and door shuts so that obviously saves time, and like Chris says,...the previous owner had clearly cared for the paint. With it being sat in the TGM yard for years, and then hardly touched since then it's kinda just preserved it a little...it just needed a freshen up and protection :)

All of that helped to get it done in the day to a standard that both Chris and I were happy with really. obviously engine bays, interior, or bigger cars, blah blah will all vary the time and amount of work needed. I got there early expecting the worst, cracked on with it and finished within good time. :)

As if it wasn't a busy enough day, Chris decided he was bored and dismantled his throttle cable/ spring assembly....purely for fun. Haha managed to sort that too...so yeah, very productive lol

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The throttle body spring has got to be one of the most fiddly jobs I've ever done. It definitely helps having two people and an actual idea of how it goes back together! Thanks again for the help on that. :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cars back at TGM for a few more bits to be done and a final job they missed as they were so busy

Thanks to Jason for this pic :)

Can't wait to get it back for the simply Japanese meet.