third gear weird grinding

Hello fellas once again,
I have a HONDA Integra TYPE-R 2003 MODEL (DC-5) and it happened 2-3 time from 2nd gear to put 5th while i was on v-tec zone. Now it seems that when the gearbox oil gets warm then when i drive it on the vtec zone and put 3rd gear from 2nd i hear a grinding noise. When driving in normal way the gearbox is amazing. Also i forgot to mention that i recently changed the gearbox oil (HONDA MTF)(2000 km's ago) and the vehicle now has 54,000 km's.
What is wrong with the gearbox? Is it a synchro or the clutch?
Please let me know your thoughts.......

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
When was clutch last changed? I would expect you to have issues at high shift in most gears if it was release bearing so more likely 3rd gear syncro as its the most common gear and wears quickly. If clutch is due anyway then best do that first before splitting the box!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

coyote_dc5 said:
When was clutch last changed? I would expect you to have issues at high shift in most gears if it was release bearing so more likely 3rd gear syncro as its the most common gear and wears quickly. If clutch is due anyway then best do that first before splitting the box!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
I did not change the clutch yet. I bought the vehicle a few months ago and the clutch seems fine....Thanks for the info mate i will keep in mind the clutch release bearing....

ijlh

Advanced Member
If it’s any help, mine made a grinding noise when taking your foot off the throttle at high revs, 5-8k. Yours may be a completely different noise entirely

Ended up being the clutch springs rattling. New clutch and flywheel sorted it instantly.