Third time lucky...

The Mighty Clam

Hi all, and greetings from Kent, glad to see the forum is still going, and looking better than ever. I am an oldie rather than a newbie and occasional visitor to these realms but am in search of what will be DC5 number three. I had one in 2011 and another one in 2015, now I find my hankering growing strong and am trying to persuade the Mrs to get one to replace her FN2 Type R. It will be our car, as we will be going halves, with the caveat that if she wants something else down the line, I'll buy it off her!

Considering whether to look for a lovely CW one with good old red recaros from this here forum, or go the fresh import route via Torque GT. We will he keeping it a while, so tempted to go fresh import, but we will see.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all, and greetings from Kent, glad to see the forum is still going, and looking better than ever. I am an oldie rather than a newbie and occasional visitor to these realms but am in search of what will be DC5 number three. I had one in 2011 and another one in 2015, now I find my hankering growing strong and am trying to persuade the Mrs to get one to replace her FN2 Type R. It will be our car, as we will be going halves, with the caveat that if she wants something else down the line, I'll buy it off her!

Considering whether to look for a lovely CW one with good old red recaros from this here forum, or go the fresh import route via Torque GT. We will he keeping it a while, so tempted to go fresh import, but we will see.
Welcome back from Kent here also mate :), some good ones on the market recently at competitive prices, any in mind at present ?

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Welcome back! These cars never leave you. I was bitten with by first in 2011 and now I'm on number 8 lol. With all manner of things in-between that should be better (GTR/FK2/EVO/WRX STI's etc.) but none of them were cars I really loved. If you want a car to enjoy would go Fresh Import. These cars are getting old now and there are lots of rough ones about. This was what shocked me: I hadn't had one since 2014 and it amazed me that people are asking the same (or more) money but you have to remember most are the same tired old cars that have spent another 6 years in our rubbish climate - they haven't been getting any better! I'm sure there are some exceptions but I haven't seen any come up recently I would consider fully sorted for <10k.

The one I picked up at the moment is a prime example of a previously unloved one and I'm a few months in (and around £2,000 so far) rescuing it. I am enjoying the process, to be fair, but if you aren't into doing it yourself it would get costly and tiresome paying someone to do it. My underside rust was sorted before I got it so thankfully that bit doesn't need done - but literally everything else needs replaced.

The Mighty Clam

Hi Carl - I believe we corresponded about a year ago about me possibly buying your Integra - I'm in Upper Halling - I think you're one of the few people that have ever heard of our little Hamlet!

Modmedia - sound like you've got a good project to keep you busy there. I agree with you about 'better cars' , the faster modern stuff - although very excellent cars, they are one step removed from the older stuff, I think a lot of it has to do with them being too fast and having too much power, almost too good to enjoy fully. I've got an FK2 Civic Type R currently - it's a great car and I'll be keeping it, but I found myself going for a drive in my Clio 182 more. (Now sadly sold as of last week).

My previous Type R ownership has been:
2 x UK Integra DC2's
2 x Integra DC5'S
EP3 Type R
FD2 Type R
FN2 Type R
FK2 Type R
FK2 Type R black edition (current).

The only one I've 'loved' (as much as one can love an inanimate object!) was the Tegs. FD2 came close, but Integra looks better.

I'm looking for a CW with red recaro, C pack with around 70k miles a bit over or under is fine, but always buy on condition over miles, or both to be honest. Fresh import really appeals for condition and specialness as we will be keeping a long time, but obviously private is cheaper so will be looking on here when good examples that fit the criteria come up.

Besthonda

I was thinking of selling mine actually as I want to get a r35 gtr for next year. I bought the car in March this year and enjoy the car as me and father drive around on the weekends but though if I should wait untill next year to sell it. The car fits your description so if your where interested let me know as I dont mind selling it to someone on the forum.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi Carl - I believe we corresponded about a year ago about me possibly buying your Integra - I'm in Upper Halling - I think you're one of the few people that have ever heard of our little Hamlet!
Oh yes welcome back then mate, I recall. I still have it and finally moved homes two weeks ago (after covid-19 causing no end of delays and issues with the sale and purchase process of the last and my new home.

Any cars in mind yet?

The Mighty Clam

Oh yes welcome back then mate, I recall. I still have it and finally moved homes two weeks ago (after covid-19 causing no end of delays and issues with the sale and purchase process of the last and my new home.

Any cars in mind yet?
Glad you finally got the move done, did you move far? You were unsure of whether to sell a year ago - good that you've still got it, you spent so much time and effort on it it would be a shame to not enjoy it more.

Only just started looking to be honest, nothing that jumps out at the minute, looking for something unmodified, although minor mods are fine like exhausts etc. Think other half is keen on a fresh import, but £££ wise it's quite pricey at the minute due to go global economy nonsense. But yeah anything in decent nick, white with red seats and around 70 odd thousand on the clock is on my radar.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Glad you finally got the move done, did you move far? You were unsure of whether to sell a year ago - good that you've still got it, you spent so much time and effort on it it would be a shame to not enjoy it more.

Only just started looking to be honest, nothing that jumps out at the minute, looking for something unmodified, although minor mods are fine like exhausts etc. Think other half is keen on a fresh import, but £££ wise it's quite pricey at the minute due to go global economy nonsense. But yeah anything in decent nick, white with red seats and around 70 odd thousand on the clock is on my radar.
Hi mate

I only moved to the other side of Kings Hill lol, so about 1.5 miles away :) , yeah still got it, but for how long is anyone's guess as the main aim was to hold on until I moved to see what I could then consider as a replacement, so test drives to start shortly. I love it and have put a lot into it but part of me keeps wanting something diff and the gf keeps on about a few things she likes also that we could get as a track toy to replace it

The Mighty Clam

Thanks for the warm 're-welcome', it's nice to see the community and forum is still in good shape, hopefully I can rejoin the ranks soon :).

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Thanks for the warm 're-welcome', it's nice to see the community and forum is still in good shape, hopefully I can rejoin the ranks soon :).
It's a bit quieter than it was a few years ago I've noticed, but would be great to see more people come on. I use Facebook as a necessary evil as a lot of Car Parts etc sold on it but I genuinely hate it, much prefer a forum like this.

Besthonda

It's a bit quieter than it was a few years ago I've noticed, but would be great to see more people come on. I use Facebook as a necessary evil as a lot of Car Parts etc sold on it but I genuinely hate it, much prefer a forum like this.
I agree forums are much better

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Welcome back! These cars never leave you. I was bitten with by first in 2011 and now I'm on number 8 lol. With all manner of things in-between that should be better (GTR/FK2/EVO/WRX STI's etc.) but none of them were cars I really loved. If you want a car to enjoy would go Fresh Import. These cars are getting old now and there are lots of rough ones about. This was what shocked me: I hadn't had one since 2014 and it amazed me that people are asking the same (or more) money but you have to remember most are the same tired old cars that have spent another 6 years in our rubbish climate - they haven't been getting any better! I'm sure there are some exceptions but I haven't seen any come up recently I would consider fully sorted for <10k.

The one I picked up at the moment is a prime example of a previously unloved one and I'm a few months in (and around £2,000 so far) rescuing it. I am enjoying the process, to be fair, but if you aren't into doing it yourself it would get costly and tiresome paying someone to do it. My underside rust was sorted before I got it so thankfully that bit doesn't need done - but literally everything else needs replaced.
Bloody hell you must change your car every 6 months. Do you not struggle to sell a car after such short periods of ownership!

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Bloody hell you must change your car every 6 months. Do you not struggle to sell a car after such short periods of ownership!
Haha it was a lot more frequently than that at one stage. No not really because I always improved them and had them sitting perfect before sale, never struggled to sell anything really. Except the 2016 WRX STI and FK2 I ended up trading it in and losing a fortune, just because it’s hard to sell £20k+ of motor privately.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

I recently had to part with my mk3 rs. Just took it straight to a dealer and traded in against an old octavia vrs and cash my way. Didn't bother trying to sell private as I thought I'd have difficulties as people spending that kinda money on a car wants to buy from a garage for piece of mind and most probably take the car out on pcp to make it more manageable.