This is the most expensive I have seen yet...

Goatwidcoat

£27k!! Only seen one hit the £20k's up to now but this is crazy. Very low mileage and completely stock but that is a lot of money. Maybe in a few years but not yet surely? It says the car is located in Hong Kong. I would think that surely has to be the full cost including import and all taxes...

Lemons

Advanced Member
Lovely, looks like new.

Difficult to tell what the market's like in Hong Kong!

carl hammond

Advanced Member

£27k!! Only seen one hit the £20k's up to now but this is crazy. Very low mileage and completely stock but that is a lot of money. Maybe in a few years but not yet surely? It says the car is located in Hong Kong. I would think that surely has to be the full cost including import and all taxes...
This is far from a price these cars sell for or are worth mate I’m afraid

The issue here is it’s in Hong Kong with 50% to over 130% tax on value on import so it’s a completely different market.

Even the ones here above 14k are not selling as they are overpriced as I’ve been watching the market closely and nearly every DC5 avail at present has been for sale for months and months for a reason (overpriced)

Goatwidcoat

This is far from a price these cars sell for or are worth mate I’m afraid

The issue here is it’s in Hong Kong with 50% to over 130% tax on value on import so it’s a completely different market.

Even the ones here above 14k are not selling as they are overpriced as I’ve been watching the market closely and nearly every DC5 avail at present has been for sale for months and months for a reason (overpriced)
Without a doubt it is overpriced. I could see a very nice example like this going for the peak that they are currently up for of £16k-£18k but no more.

£14k currently gets you a nice example with higher mileage (than the link) and some worthwhile mods but if somebody was dead set on a clean original I can see it going for high teens. Any more than that and they are just chancing it.

Funnily enough I watched a video yesterday about the JDM import "bubble" and there are allegations of companies over there buying and selling off each other to create the illusion of a higher market and set a new price floor. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

Lemons

Advanced Member
Without a doubt it is overpriced. I could see a very nice example like this going for the peak that they are currently up for of £16k-£18k but no more.

£14k currently gets you a nice example with higher mileage (than the link) and some worthwhile mods but if somebody was dead set on a clean original I can see it going for high teens. Any more than that and they are just chancing it.

Funnily enough I watched a video yesterday about the JDM import "bubble" and there are allegations of companies over there buying and selling off each other to create the illusion of a higher market and set a new price floor. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!
I was thinking with the black one that we discussed a while ago on ebay, that is still for sale, the aim wasn't to sell it but to uplift the rest of the market.

Last edited:

Foxx

Recent buy was 18.5k OTR for fresh import in milano red - all oem except some mf10s on 47k miles. I saw a 13k mile milano red up for £25k in private sale in UK - was v nice.

carl hammond

Advanced Member

Agreed, and yeah the ones avail an up for more that 14K are literally as you have said "up for of £16k-£18k but no more", but they have been up for a long long time and not selling as this is too much and no one wants too or is willing to pay it. A car is only ever worth what someone will pay, we all know mileage is nothing on these so don't care about the constant hype of low mileage etc as 90K is low for an 18yr old car and I would always buy a car that's used over one that's sat doing nothing deteriorating away as that means the bushes etc will all be in need of doing anyway and perished etc.

I know for a fact a few companies have done that and seen the same car swapping hands quickly, I feel more sorry for those who think the prices advertised are the actual values lol, just shows they have not considered many variables and are believing an over priced and hyped market (similar to that with the houses recently due to the stamp duty freeze).

I recently viewed an Exige S as a new track toy and walked away after agreeing with a mate that it was far from the right one for the money, over 30K, wouldn't let anyone test drive it, in need of a service, mot and two rear tyres and I felt more sorry for the gearbox as the way he drive it was nasty. I have never even shifted that hard on track in my entire life, I literally felt the engine and box clunking behind me so I think he was hiding a clutch/box or syncro issue by not letting anyone drive it.

The value on that car imo would be no more than 25K, but he has upped the price in line with many on the market and well it's still for sale 2/3 weeks later (for a reason) overpriced like most of the DC5's.