Those who have had the privilege of a fresh import did any come in non oem size tyres?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Those who have had the privilege of a fresh import did any come in non oem size tyres?

Just curious really

Mark_teg

Staff member
Mine were OEM size 215/45 X 17.

I think 225 would catch on the rear on yours Patch.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
in the old days of the sva etc, i thiunk they had to have 215x45x17 or it would fail the test.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Mine were OEM size 215/45 X 17.

I think 225 would catch on the rear on yours Patch.
I think that too

No complaints my end, just curious whether Japanese owners changed to 225, as probably a good 50% of active owners on here seem to have done so.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Most I assume will have increased tyre sizes to accommodate for aftermarket wheels as oem are 7 inch wide. Mine came over with 215s.

Rom

Advanced Member
225 here.

I've seen posts of Jap guys running larger fronts on I get J rims. I think it's quite common to change size, cheaper and more choice.

Got to say, I don't like my 225 on oem, sidewalls too squidgy.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Rom said:
225 here.

I've seen posts of Jap guys running larger fronts on I get J rims. I think it's quite common to change size, cheaper and more choice.

Got to say, I don't like my 225 on oem, sidewalls too squidgy.

Out of curiosity, what tyres are using that you don't like in 225 form on OEM wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Out of curiosity, what tyres are using that you don't like in 225 form on OEM wheels?

Goodyear F1s. Got the xl and stiffer sidewalls, but still to soft. Some if this will be because of the tyre width and rim width.
That's not to say they don't grip well etc. They are a good tyre, I just don't like the sidewalls.

I've got some RE070 for 8j rims.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I have the same but in 215 XL. Find them ok to be honest but not had anything to compare them against as this is my first set of tyres for her.

When they are done I'll look at the RE070. Not seen a DC5 with OEM wheels and RE070 so I can see how they look. They look ok? Whenever I see a picture I find myself thinking they look much bigger and I'm not sue if I like the look.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dont forget a 225 will have a taller sidewall than a 215 too . assuming both have the same profile so you will get more flex, a 215 on a 7J is about spot on.

jrscho

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
dont forget a 225 will have a taller sidewall than a 215 too . assuming both have the same profile so you will get more flex, a 215 on a 7J is about spot on.
When I got my car it was on 215 on 7.5J, stuck to that size since.. Keep thinking I'll be better off with 225 as I seen oem is also 215 but less wide of a wheel...what do you think? Seem to fit pretty well though but not sure :p

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
personal preference , its in the right size for the wheel either way, with the 225 you will reduce your acceleration very slightly (possibly not enough to notice) as the tyre is slightly taller

jrscho

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
personal preference , its in the right size for the wheel either way, with the 225 you will reduce your acceleration very slightly (possibly not enough to notice) as the tyre is slightly taller
Interesting hmmmm....didn't know that! Just thought I would get a tad better grip being a tad wider lol and possibly better for the rain..

Rom

Advanced Member
225 on oem isn't ideal.
You gain some width, but part of that is hanging over the rim edge.
The sidewalls are softer/squidgier due to this also.

RE070 are pretty chunky. I think they will look pretty bad on oem.

Fez

Advanced Member
Rom said:
225 on oem isn't ideal.
You gain some width, but part of that is hanging over the rim edge.
The sidewalls are softer/squidgier due to this also.

RE070 are pretty chunky. I think they will look pretty bad on oem.

I have 225 re070's on mine stock wheels and ride height, i think it looks alright.

Rom

Advanced Member
Excuse the filth, best pic I can find.
This is an F1 225.
The sidewalls are quite bulged over, and squidgy.