Tightening Up The Shifter

gaza4

Advanced Member
I've been working on getting a solid shifter recently. so far i've got delrin bushes on the shifter end, tegiwa short shifter and tegiwa bushes on the box end.

the shifters back and forward motion in the neutral position is still quite loose and when looking in the engine bay it seems the arm thats in the selector pivots quite freely.

will selector springs sort this issue?

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
I've been working on getting a solid shifter recently. so far i've got delrin bushes on the shifter end, tegiwa short shifter and tegiwa bushes on the box end.

the shifters back and forward motion in the neutral position is still quite loose and when looking in the engine bay it seems the arm thats in the selector pivots quite freely.

will selector springs sort this issue?
I've done what you've done and the following ontop:

Hybrid racing selector springs (Torque GT)
Hybrid racing detent springs (Torque GT)
K-TUNED Billet shifter arm (Tegiwa)
Gearbox oil change (Tegiwa)

Gearshift feels so good now.

IMO, only way to improve this would be to get the hybrid racing V3 shifter, and hybrid racing shift rods (this however will be big £££ so I'm putting it off )

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
I've done what you've done and the following ontop:

Hybrid racing selector springs (Torque GT)
Hybrid racing detent springs (Torque GT)
K-TUNED Billet shifter arm (Tegiwa)
Gearbox oil change (Tegiwa)

Gearshift feels so good now.

IMO, only way to improve this would be to get the hybrid racing V3 shifter, and hybrid racing shift rods (this however will be big £££ so I'm putting it off )

for the money i dont feel that the billet arm would improve things much more than i have right now, side to side is pretty solid and i'm pretty happy with it. its just the back and forward thats a bit sloppy still.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
for the money i dont feel that the billet arm would improve things much more than i have right now, side to side is pretty solid and i'm pretty happy with it. its just the back and forward thats a bit sloppy still.
Id say change the selector springs and detent springs. Cost about £40.
See if your happy with that then go from there.
Well worth the £40 IMO.

Detent springs were easy to do.

Selector springs were a C*#T to do haha.

Id say them 2 were the most noticeable from what I've done though.

Elliot438

I have the same setup as you plus recently added the selector springs and detent springs. The detents make it feel nicer when it slots into gear and the selector springs make the side to side action tighter. I'm happy enough with it now. I think the pivot spring on the shifter can be upgraded but don't think you can get them in UK? The bushings holding the shifter to the car can be replaced with solid ones however this would probably induce a lot of vibrations though the shifter especially have upgraded engine mounts. My other concern is that the tegiwa shifter bushings at the box aren't that tight in the cables so that's not ideal