Tinting Rear Lights

sss107

Hi all, was checking out the RSX Forum and found alot of them have their rear indicators tinted red. They use a red tint film, which I never had, so I bought some red tint spray. I think it really enhances the look :)

Red tint spray - £10
Laquer - £5

Anyway, thought I'd show you what I did and see what you think.....

I never had the time to remove the lights and do a 'proper' job (was told i'd need to remove the bumper?) so I masked up the majority of the rear.And used some wet n' dry to sand the indicator down.

Sprayed it with the tint spray. Let it dry roughly 30 mins. (wasn't sure to be honest!) Then done it again. Once its dried, used some wet n' dry to smooth it done.

Then lacquer it up! I then used wet n' dry again to give it a smooth surface, use it lightly though, you don't wan't to remove the lacquer. Heres how it came out...

Took about 2-3hrs in total. Please feel free to comment, good and bad! I do admit Its a good mod for the money though. Cheers :xcheers:

sss107

Yeh, although half way through spraying that thought came to mind! :lol: I used an orange l.e.d I had lying around and it works really well. Still shines orange! I'll post a pic up when I can.

qamvti

Advanced Member
sss107 said:
chalkie said:

That will not pass the mot. :idea:
Surely if it still flashes amber it would pass an mot? :xconfused:
Will pass mot as the Honda accords 2002 on are red but flash amber so 100% will pass mot. Mine are RED but flash red :oops: but I used the red tint, might spray them now I think they look very 8)

Heres a picture of mine.

HTH

Kammy