To Keep Or Not To Keep? That is the question

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Hey Guys,

When I bought my teg I was given all the original/genuine parts from factory. Radio, alloys, exhaust etc..

Since then Ive had a brand new radio, new custom exhaust and work emotion alloys installed

My question is should I keep all the originals if I ever decide to sell the car (incase buyer is looking to have a factory spec teg)
Or should I just sell those parts and have a bit of cash in my pocket?

I like buying original cars and mine is an immaculate example IMO and think it would be a shame to sell the original parts as it might be worth more with original parts in the future?

I don't know, really confused...

ste01

Advanced Member
If you have space and don't need the money it won't do any harm keeping it.

But if you do decide to sell.... Yeah someone might want all the factory stuff so might overlook your car, but the flip side is they'll be a load more people who aren't bothered about the factory radio etc and will buy the car as it is

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Like Im not stuck for space or cash. Hopefully an enthusiast would buy my car and want all the factory stuff

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Keep all the stuff. I was planning on keeping all mine but realistically the car is coming to my grave with me so I sold the oem alloys (to fund the purchase of a set of rays) but kept everything else. What happens when you need to go through the NCT and you have sold your original exhaust mainfold etc?
Also in Ireland people will pay the same for the car with mods or not. So if you sell you may as well swap everything back to oem then sell the mods after for even more cash

S

stwteg

When I bought my current teg I was very keen to have all the original parts included in the sale ie original suspension parts (which I received) and the original engine parts which had been removed (some I got). Heavy mods without original parts would turn me off a sale as I see it as a hassle to return the car to the way I like it. Anyway the cash you'd make on the bits wouldn't be all that much.

Sent from iphone

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Yeah I have the radio, springs, exhaust and alloys. I'll just keep them altogether. It's nice to have all the original parts

Mark_teg

Staff member
I wouldn't worry about the original radio, it doesn't work properly anyway.

bennn

Advanced Member
If its resale keep all the old bits and put it back to standard before you sell it. I always look for an original car also.