Toda and Comptech Manifold Comparison

JDMCTR

Funky Products -

Due to the other thread getting deleted (I acknowledge the reason mods :) ), I didn't get a chance to reply to you.

I haven't seen a comparison test between the two said manifolds on a K20a yet so I'm not sure how they match up against each other. I've seen talk of the two on various threads but nothing which includes performance, figures or anything else (the threads all tended to start including other manifolds and the original Toda & Comptech comparison got lost :lol: ). The only thing I've read is that Toda gives more mid-range than the Comptech, top tend on both seems to be the same, but theres no proof as of yet whether thats true or not, its been expressed as opinions.

Also am I right in saying that the Comptech race Manifold isn't too cheap (still cheaper than Toda of course!), prices seem to be $800+, though some people are saying that there are places selling cheaper than that.

Also consider the H&S manifold :idea:

Allegedly (Mike can confirm this) - the manifold/race-cat/catback made 20 BHP extra (not sure about torque).

Since the major restrictions are supposed to be in the manifold/cat this is a pretty good result and worth considering is it not?

Also their manifold costs circa £450-500 and I would imagine the Toad one costs about twice as much?

Mr_GaBIG

Hatchback Michael said:
Also consider the H&S manifold :idea:

Allegedly (Mike can confirm this) - the manifold/race-cat/catback made 20 BHP extra (not sure about torque).
Is that on a standard car?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Yes that was on my Standard CTR when I owned one. That’s the price for the manifold only, Race CAT £400, CAT Back £550 ish. I also had a BMC induction kit on.

Mike

Mr_GaBIG

MJ Type-R said:
Yes that was on my Standard CTR when I owned one. That’s the price for the manifold only, Race CAT £400, CAT Back £550 ish. I also had a BMC induction kit on.

Mike
£400 for a race cat?

You would benifit more from a de-cat which cost around £60!

But... with a race cat you (a) dont have to swap the cat back and forth at MOT time (b) are being more environmentally friendly and (c) will probably lower the overall exhaust noise which is especially helpful for trackdays.

Mr_GaBIG

Hatchback Michael said:
But... with a race cat you (a) dont have to swap the cat back and forth at MOT time (b) are being more environmentally friendly and (c) will probably lower the overall exhaust noise which is especially helpful for trackdays.
I would rather save a few hundred pounds and gain more power with a de-cat than having to spend £400 on a race cat.

N77

What happend to Trungs thread ???

It had some useful stuff on there, it was on here the other day, now it's vansihed, not blind am I :oops:

Carl

Mr_GaBIG

N77_CEJ said:
What happend to Trungs thread ???

It had some useful stuff on there, it was on here the other day, now it's vansihed, not blind am I :oops:

Carl
I was looking for that too. Had some good comments and facts in that thread.

It was deleted as I guess there was some petit argument :roll:

Bring the thread back!