Torque GT & as always TGM

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
Thought I'd pop a post up here to mention the great service I've had from both these companies in the past week.

Torque GT

Picked up my 3rd DC5 a 53 plate NHB from Mike a week ago. :D

Mike has been amazingly helpful throughout answering a shed load of emails and phone calls, primarily as he's a 600 mile round trip from Essex, but definitely well worth the journey if you're thinking maybe they're a bit out of your way. They also provided an excellent price on the P/X on my old Blue Teg, as well as a completely hassle free transaction when I got there.

Aftercare service has also been better than I could have hoped for, the few problems that I did find with the car Mike was more than happy to get rectified, all on their dime, and under warranty with absolutely no hassle, jumping through hoops, or messing about at all. I'm personally always a bit suspect of car warranties from past experiences and battles, but Mike has been spot on with all his help on the car.

TGMSport

Think everyone is well aware of Tom by now, but just thought I'd say the service I had from TGM again this time was superb, even more than you'd normally expect.

Having spoken to Mike and then Tom, Mike had agreed to let Tom take a look at some drive-train issues the car had. With a possible gearbox issue at the forefront of my mind I took the Teg to Tom on the same day I phoned him, having being advised not to drive it around for too long if it was a transmission problem, turned up at TGM about 4pm.

He test drove it and said he'd have to drop the gearbox out to check, maybe order parts etc... and it could be up to a week or more before it was fixed once the problem was found.

I get a phone call at 8pm the same day from Tom, who decided to stay and work late to be told the gearbox was ok, but the clutch was knackered and the flywheel might have suffered some damage as a result.

Phone call to Mike the next morning who agreed to pay for all the repairs, clutch, flywheel, fluids, and Tom had my car finished by 1pm that day.

Less than a 16 hour turnaround on a car that I thought i'd be without for about 2 weeks when it wasn't even officially booked in, just left for Tom to look at when he got time. Tom and his team really out did themselves this time. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable as always. \:D/

Guess the bottom line is cars as always will go wrong, excrement happens, but the service both TGM and Torque have provided has been awesome.

Both of these companies are well worth the trips. :D

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
:lol:

Good old TGM! Tom and Will are the most honest blokes I have met! I wholly trust them and also recommend the drive there!

vkcs20

Advanced Member
plus one on Torque GT...

I have spoken to Mike in the past and currently trying to get a deal with him...

so far he has always been very polite and friendly....

I called SVA Imports to ask if they would consider part exchanging my TTS for a dc5....the guy spoke to me like i was a piece of crap.....well....he can wait to get my business..... a long time....

NiCkO

Advanced Member
i think there is good and bad in all of them. at the end of the day your buying a car without seeing it hundreds of miles away. i agree people can be made aware of things regards importers like SVA iv herd some bad but also alot of good and have so friends that have had a great service from them. but i have herd alot of good thing from the above to company's, bit of a shame its a bit of trek for both for me.