Toyo or bridgestone?

zacho

Advanced Member
I had t1r tyres on my civic and dc2, got RE050s on my dc5 to replace the budgets it came with from import, which although on a different chassis feel like a step up from the t1r, stiffer sidewall, seem to last longer and better grip in both wet and dry. Seems to take longer to warm the RE050s up though. Suppose RE070s won't be a million miles from 050s so if it was my money it'd go on the bridgestones!

2ndy

Advanced Member
After watching a video on best motoring comparing Re070s I ordered a set of those, can't wait to try them out!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've watched so many of these videos now, they seem to use the re070 in loads of tests. As soon as I spotted them being tested like that I brought some straight away.

Ordered a fresh new set a few days ago, they were £66 delivered a tyre from 4x4tyres.co.uk. Fitting will cost me about £30 so that's not bad for an awesome tyre

2ndy

Advanced Member
Cause I'm in NI 4x4 tyres want £100 to shop them lol like I'm in a different universe.. Got 4 from black circles for £290 including delivery so I'm happy enough with that price

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Yeah that's still a great price, I did call one supplier local to me who's been selling them for years who said they maybe becoming obsolete and replaced with the re002. Couldn't understand this when so many are selling them online

PeteMTBer

I'd been looking at tyres for a while as my Pirelli PZero Nero's were approaching the limit.

Couldn't decide between the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 3 or the Bridgestone Potenza RE070.

Today I just bit the bullet and ordered the RE070s. Hope they're as good as everyone says, and not terrible in Cumbrian weather!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
got mine ready to and wheels fitted ready :)

Not sure what Cumbrian weather is like but they aren't the worst tyre in the world if the heavens open. Once the suns out and the temperature rises in the tyres they're amazing

p1tse

Advanced Member
I was looking at ad08r but blackcircles don't have them listed in oem size at the moment which were the best prices going fitted

2ndy

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I was looking at ad08r but blackcircles don't have them listed in oem size at the moment which were the best prices going fitted
I got 215s not long ago of black circles

p1tse

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
I got 215s not long ago of black circles
Yes they were listed a couple of weeks back but assume low or no stock now so not showing anymore

Hoping local place can get them in stock as tempted to give them ago

PeteMTBer

Cumbrian weather has a habbit of being cold and very wet. Really looking forward to getting these tyres on, get booked in for not and ready for some intermittent sunshine!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I thought that was just England itself lol

Let us know how you get on once you have them on :)