Track Days

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
I'm thinking of starting to go to Trackdays in 2014

What's the craic with my Insurance? Can I pay 60 quid for conver on a track day?

Cheers

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The general consensus is you don't need cover and that as long as you drive safely you'll be fine.

Now I've never done a track day before so couldn't tell you however if it were me personally I'd look at taking cover out especially if you've never done one before and then perhaps once you've done a few then forget about the cover.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I wouldn't bother as the excess is HUGE and unless you total your car you'd probably fix it for less. Unlike roads you don't insure against 3rd party so no worries hitting a ferrari unless you get decked afterwards of course :/

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

darkhawk

Advanced Member
That's always my worry on track days

Other people hitting me or me hitting others cars

If I crash I crash my fault/problem but dont want to total some guys noble or want some highly educated young individual in his 1.2 corsa B hitting my car

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
We have 3 different underwriters that can offer track day cover. The cost ranges from £45 to £85 per day depending on vehicle value, driver age and the track in question.

If you are insured with us and wanted a quote for Track Day Cover you can PM me your Postcode/reg Number and details of the track you will be going to then i can get a quote for you.

Best regards
neil
Greenlight