TRACKDAY AT BEDFORD THIS SATURDAY

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
I know this should be in Track days section but I thought more people would see this faster here..

There are spaces left at Bedford this saturday if anyone s interested in going..

I got this email from Iain Litchfield today...

Just thought you might be interested to know that Powerstation and I
have booked out Bedford Autodrome for a track day this Saturday (7th
Feb).

We were due to attend the same day with the Subaru Owners Club but this was cancelled at short notice by which time we were all really looking
forward to it. It was going to be the first proper outing of my Type 25
and the guys at Powerstation haven’t done a track day in years.

So we decided to call Bedford and organise a small event ourselves.

The circuit we’re using is over 3 miles long incorporating 3 of their
tracks linked together. Bedford is the ideal location for both track
day novices and experts alike, with its challenging bends and massive
run off areas it’s perfect to test the limits of both car and driver.

There is only limited numbers of spaces so that there will be a relaxed
and unrushed atmosphere. We will run an open pit lane format so you can enter the track as and when you like.

The price is £136+vat, if you require any further information please
feel free to contact me at anytime.

I have uploaded a link to our website with the proposed layout of the
circuit.

see link for circuit http://www.litimports.co.uk/ba_sencircuit.pdf

If anyone wants to go call Iain now Mobile: 07887 622177 and you can pay by C'card..

Me and Steve (DC2 Turbo) are going..

At the moment there is only going to be about 15-20 cars :D Just so you are aware that the noise limit is 87DB static and 101 DB driveby and you WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF YOU CANNOT GET ON TRACK... YOU HAVE BE WARNED..

UW

Trung

Advanced Member
Damn! thats a very good price but I just know i'll never be able to get on Bedford Autodrome with their stupidly strict noise restriction level. :evil:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
yeah I have pulled out... I dont think I can get on either... got my booking forms for Rockingham now....

Booking it as I type :D

nattcharles

I used to be an instructor at BA, its a fantastic circuit but unfortunately the noise from it travels for miles around and they have no end of complaints from the residents in the surrounding villages. So Bedford county council installed sound monitoring equipment which is linked to their offices in the town which means they have to be strict on noise levels because if they are not they will lose there license and then there would be no circuit at all. You can actually call them up and arrange to have your car noise tested in advance of a trackday to see if it will pass.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Jon was there in his blue DC5, and me in my Elise, had a fantastic day, being able to get the backend out at 70+ MPH is great fun when you know you can't hit anything :D

jonster

Advanced Member
Yeah. Great day. Shame the rest of you guys couldn't come. I span out for the first time scrapping with a 911 which I'd upset by overtaking earlier. My tyres where so hot they just gave up providing any grip in mid battle. Must get some track rubber.

I was drifting the back like a rear wheel drive when the tyres were cold too. Had fun driving my friends MR-2 Turbo. I was much more impressed with it than I expected. Sort of makes me wish I had a rear wheel drive car aswell.

Good seeing you their Matt. Hope you are Noble enabled soon.

Awesome day.

Jon

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
heard was good day :D

Yeh chap i know said he was behind the 911 in his Evo jonster and you were flying around no way of passing.

Rob :D

theres some pics on the evo forum.

Rob

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Jon shame we didnt seem to be on track much together, reckon you were worried I was gonna give you a pasting :lol: , didnt get any brake problems they held up very well :wink:

Looking forward to my 3rd day there this year on saturday 8)

Trung

Advanced Member
Sounds like you all had a good time. 8)
I would like to drive on the Gran Turismo circuit one day if only I know for sure what my exhaust noise level is.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Trung phone them up and get them to noise test it, it is such a fantastic venue or alternatively take your old OEM BB with you, it only takes 10 minutes to change a BB.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Matt,

I don't know how we kept missing each other too. I was busy playing with Scoobies and that 911 most of the time between coming in to let the tyres cool down. I wasn't hiding - honest :D You did overtake me once when I was driving my mates MR-2 Turbo for the first time and that's the only time I saw you out there.

Next time. (Unless you get the Noble - In which case I'll just move aside).

Cheers,

Jon

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Yer that was my last session, did about 8/9 laps :D had really good fun.

Heres hoping for the Noble, not too sure I would want to use it on proper race tracks, couldnt afford the repair bill :D and I will proberly drive it like a girl.