Trackday Insurance

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
This seems to be quite an old post. Has there been any changes to track day insurance companies around today?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I used to use Moris and I know sky does track insurance now, don't believe you have to have your normal policy with them either. I personally have started insuring with companies that offer track day cover too as they tend to be cheaper, last year I was insured with Keith Michaels who were covering me for a £60 flat fee, doesn't matter what track it is. This year I almost went with Greenlight who offered cover at a flat fee of £50 but they didn't cover Castle Combe which is my local. Keith Michaels then offered to match them and bring the flat fee for track cover down to £50 and they cover Castle Combe.

Seems excess is always 10% of the value of the car no matter who you go with.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I'm back with Need To Insure on a protected ncb policy, driving other cars, like for like mods, no admin fees when making changes to the car throughout the year unless I break the 250bhp limit, EU cover, etc.

And with them, for £82.50 I have purchased a block of 5 trackdays for the year. This comes with a 10% or £1000 excess on your car value. You just need to call them after you book a trackway so they can put it in their trackway calendar and send you a certificate.

I've been with them before on a heavily modified dc2 and know they are good, as I called them a few times about turning up the boost, new maps, etc and it didn't cost a jot. :) Worth a shout.

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Thread bump, my first track day is coming up but before then I have my renewal. What companies do people suggest for full comp insurance with mods, option to drive other cars and some track day cover (will only attend 2 or 3 throughout the year)

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Can someone please explain track insurance for a new comer like my self. If I stoof the car simply through going beyond my capability is it covered? Would it cover the costs of any track repairs, recovery etc?
If someone decides to smash into me on track is it their insurance that covers?

Just after a general idea thanks.

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
A-Plan' do anual premiums for modified/imported vehicles to include 5x UK trackdays.

Cost me hardly anymore than a standard policy with them, still the cheapest around always undercutting Adrian Flux etc...

PS no I don't work for them :) Just had my last 10 DC5's insured with them

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Guys be careful when taking out anual premiums with trackday cover within then (by the likes of Greenlight and A-Plan etc.

These are singular policies so if you have an incident it WILL impact your policy, NCB and insurance for the next year.

Personally I think that any issues on a track are far from comparable to the road and so should not be treated as such on the same policy, but no company I have found to date seperates the two for one price.

So for example if you have 2 yrs NCB on a DC5, go with either of the above and don't have protected NCB but crash on track you will lose your NCB and the accident is declarable on all your next policies for the next 5 years.

I have a road policy and then buy group or singular cover through Moris as this is a complete separate policy that does NOT touch or impact you and your road policy or your NCB, for the extra 3-500 a year I prefer this option and just want to point it out.

Yeah Greenlight were a lot cheaper than my combined policies over the year but I prefer to separate the two as I don't think that if someone else hits me or runs out of talent on track it should be a crash you have to declare on your rpoad policy for the next 5 years

Just something to think about before you buy just because its a good price for x track days also being inc.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
insuremytrackday.co.uk

Price:85
Value of Car: £8250
Excess:£750
Track: Castle Combe

Pretty reasonable I thought, especially for a notorious circuit