Trailing arm bush

Thebear84

Advanced Member
Doing my polybush kit and struggling to get the 2 arms out of the trailing arms. Is it a case of brute force or is there a knack that I'm not getting ? Lol

ollydc5

Advanced Member
From memory I set mine on fire like that and then carefully used a hacksaw to cut a small section out of the bushes metal rim. Quick tap of a strong flat headed screw driver and they collapsed, good few hours of work but the rears ended up being the easiest to get done.

When I do it again though I'll be giving to a garage to press out its less stressful ha ha

Thebear84

Advanced Member
I'm panel beater so attacked it with air saw and wire wheel. There almost built up hoping to get boot floor welded up and back on 4 wheels by Sunday, then fun starts with wide body kit 😬

Just got to fit hard race to trailing arms and maybe sand them for extra coat not happy with them. Calipers will be rebuilt and painted when I decide on colour.

Thebear84

Advanced Member
At the minute it's in my head and still work in progress 😂
I've done all the under coating bar boot floor back and suspensions ready to go on. Mugen lip for bumper to make fit which will be fun.

Thinking of slight 20mm wider and lost in the upper body line. Maybe loose the curve that runs along the side of the lower body into a sharper body line????
I'll trail and era lol