Transmission oil change

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I want to change the gearbox oil on the integra. How many litres does it take and how do u change it ? Thanks

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
https://youtu.be/x-FMYO2UhM8

Takes about 1.8 - 1.9 litres.....use honda mtf-3 only mate.

Unless you've already got it. I'd prob suggest putting some magnetic bolts in, like the spoon set for example. Just catches all the swarf off gearbox and pistons in for your next service.

Get yourself an oil syringe aswell. Makes life soooooo easy. Halfords about 20 quid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Thanks mate
I jacked the car up
Put a big sheet down (cardboard will do)
Put pan underneath gearbox
Removed fill bolt (about 6" - 8" above drain bolt)
Took drain bolt out
Jacked car back down
Let drain for 15 mins
Put drain bolt back in
Put oil in syringe.
Got under car (not jacked up)
(Keep tray underneath)
Syringed oil into fill bolt hole
Put fill bolt back in
Tidied up

Easy job tbf should take no more than 30 mins.

Little tip: I used the syringe to suck old oil back up out the pan and squirted back into oil container for easy storage.

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Great help bud

Is there a alternative to using the syringe to fill the oil ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Great help bud

Is there a alternative to using the syringe to fill the oil ?

Might be able to use abit of tube and a funnel I'd suppose. Ive watched a few videos. Most people use a syringe, and tbf it was easy with the syringe.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I jacked the car up
Put a big sheet down (cardboard will do)
Put pan underneath gearbox
Removed fill bolt (about 6" - 8" above drain bolt)
Took drain bolt out
Jacked car back down
Let drain for 15 mins
Put drain bolt back in
Put oil in syringe.
Got under car (not jacked up)
(Keep tray underneath)
Syringed oil into fill bolt hole
Put fill bolt back in
Tidied up

Easy job tbf should take no more than 30 mins.

Little tip: I used the syringe to suck old oil back up out the pan and squirted back into oil container for easy storage.

Wicked guide thanks mate, maybe put this in the DIY guide area

One thing though, how the hell do you get under the car without it jacked up, I deffo cant on mine lol, that said would it work by having the car on 4 axel stands so its level still but high as this is something I want to do to mine soon?

Thanks

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Wicked guide thanks mate, maybe put this in the DIY guide area

One thing though, how the hell do you get under the car without it jacked up, I deffo cant on mine lol, that said would it work by having the car on 4 axel stands so its level still but high as this is something I want to do to mine soon?

Thanks
That would work tbf.
I could get abit under front and and guide the syringe in. Some people say it's easy with passenger wheel off. I cba to do that haha.
When you see where the fill hole is you be able to work accordingly. It's not hard mate. When its infront of you you'll see how easy it is.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That would work tbf.
I could get abit under front and and guide the syringe in. Some people say it's easy with passenger wheel off. I cba to do that haha.
When you see where the fill hole is you be able to work accordingly. It's not hard mate. When its infront of you you'll see how easy it is.

Thanks will have a look, saves me paying someone again :)

gaza4

Advanced Member
i remove my airbox and use a funnel and hose to refill the box while the car is back level on the ground

carl hammond

Advanced Member
i remove my airbox and use a funnel and hose to refill the box while the car is back level on the ground
Even easier for me then if it's accessible from above as I have a long arm AEM in the bumper so no airbox or pipes in the way :)

Mike9000

Advanced Member
I used a hand syphon pump to fill mine. One end in the new oil bottle and the other in the fill hole. Happy days. Same on the DC2 :)

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I did the gearbox oil change 2day. It took about 1.4 litres. I filled it till it poured out. I feel like I put less oil. Is 1.4 lites okay ?

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Was the car on flat ground when you done it and not jacked up still?
Aslong as it was, if its pouring out the fill bolt hole cant see the issue personally.

Easier than you thought?

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
My driveway isn‘t completely flat and I had it jacked up when I filled it

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
It very hard to put oil in when it‘s not jacked up. The fill bolt is on the side of the box. Best access is to take the passenger wheel off. My car is low and it‘s physically impossible to do it from the front

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
It very hard to put oil in when it‘s not jacked up. The fill bolt is on the side of the box. Best access is to take the passenger wheel off. My car is low and it‘s physically impossible to do it from the front

Haha, all I heard from that sentance then.....was ballache .....it can be alot easier with wheel off....just a long thing to do though with locking nut etc

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Will try topping some oil up tomorrow. Just need to find a way without jacking it up.