Type s owner from southampton

Pedz

Hello all, I bought a beaten up dc5 type s a few weeks ago, it looks like it's had a bit of money spent on it in the past but now been well looked after so I am in the process of tidying it up, hopefully I am welcome here even though it's not a type r

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pedz

Thanks man, my first plans are a full respray and general tidy up, the bodywork is very poor and the front bumper is basically filler which is less than ideal! so i have a passenger headlight, front bumper and type R skirts on order then it'll go into the body shop for a full respray in some shade of gunmetal and a wheel refurb and they will go black. Then i need to replace the locks as they're knackered so i have a replacement lock set and a full service as well.

With regards to long term plans i'm still unsure. I may look into a turbo conversion but i need to do some Honda based research to see what my best option is (new to Hondas) the engine mileage is quite high (240,000kms still not been converted, i have the chip thing for this) so i don't know whether to turbo this, replace the K20A3 with a lower mileage example then turbo that or go K20A then maybe turbo, i have no idea, i'm still learning about the million different engine types so please do correct me if i say anything wrong otherwise i'll never learn!

apologies for waffling on lol

Teggy_dan

I'm from Southampton too! :) welcome to the forum bud. Car looks good, might see you around and about :)

Pedz

Well I say southampton but I live in eastleigh and work in chilworth but yea man ill give you a gay little wave if I see you around lol

Pedz

Sweet, I wasn't sure if there would be any others in the area, I've seen a white fl in eastleigh so far and I've seen a blue I think pfl on the asda roundabout but only caught a glimpse of that one, wasn't sure if they were passing through

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If you are going for a respray and don't have anyone lined up for it I would recommend TGM Sport in Fleet, they repainted my car for me last year and it came out looking like it'd just rolled off the production line, you get what you pay for and imo it was worth every penny :)

I am not in your area as such (Kent but again not too far so hope to see your car sometime)

Pedz

appreciate the recommendation but i'm not going for an all the bells and whistles respray i'm going for a cheap one, I've seen the guys work and its decent enough (honestly the bodywork currently is really shit) so it will be a dramatic improvement but not factory finish.

Ill start a project thread thingy in the next few days hopefully.

I will keep an eye out on the meets section as it's something I'm hoping to get a lot more involved in now that i have a car that my little girl can actually travel in!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome

Is that paint or wrap? I remember seeing a dc5 of that colour at coombe once

Pedz

It is paint, crap paint but definately paint and won't be this colour for much longer

Crowds1

Pedz said:
Well I say southampton but I live in eastleigh and work in chilworth but yea man ill give you a gay little wave if I see you around lol

I'm in Hedge End :xwavey:

danr19

Advanced Member
Hello...I'm in Hythe (with a red facelift). My wife works at Aviva (next to the big Asda in Chandlers Ford) and sees a white prefacelift in the car park next to her work every so often. There's also a guy who picks up his partner from Aviva in a blue prefacelift (might be the one you saw).

I might be wrong, but your car looks like one a guy had who just bought my wife's old Civic 1.8vti. Your Type S looks nice - looks to have good potential. Feel free to come along to Simply Japanese at Beaulieu on July 29th. It's not all about the quality of the cars - more just having a good day out with fellow enthusiasts :)

Pedz

Another close one! That's not a million miles from where I work (I work in chilworth just up the road) I will definately start coming to some of the meets but I'd like to get the bodywork done on mine first (honestly it's super beat to shit lol) do you know if any of the local members organise meets? Not a sat in a maccy d's car park kinda thing but also sort of that lol

There just seems to be a load of members in this area and it would be nice to start meeting mainly so I can bore people with dumb questions and check out nicer dc5s than mine
danr19 said:
Hello...I'm in Hythe (with a red facelift). My wife works at Aviva (next to the big Asda in Chandlers Ford) and sees a white prefacelift in the car park next to her work every so often. There's also a guy who picks up his partner from Aviva in a blue prefacelift (might be the one you saw).

I might be wrong, but your car looks like one a guy had who just bought my wife's old Civic 1.8vti. Your Type S looks nice - looks to have good potential. Feel free to come along to Simply Japanese at Beaulieu on July 29th. It's not all about the quality of the cars - more just having a good day out with fellow enthusiasts :)

Big_phil

Planning on going for a drive down Portsmouth tonight with a couple mates... if anyone wants to meet at portsdown hill?