Tyre advise/ don't want to scrub

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Hi guys
But of advise please at the moment I'm running 215/45/17 on Rota Torque's with Skunk2 lowering springs ( not sure how lower they are)
I want to buy some RE070's as we all know only come in 225
Am I going to have problems? Should I stick to 215?

Thanks

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Thanks dude sorry for the crap info I dont know my offset of the wheels :xaiweb6:

I havent got any camper mods and arches havent been rolled.

If I have to stick to 215 what tyres do recommend?

spooke

Advanced Member
WayneCivic said:
Not kidding £123.20 cheapest I can find
With how the GBP to YEN is looking I'm not surprised. I picked up some a few weeks back for £99 each - if you can wait, then wait :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
WayneCivic said:
Not kidding £123.20 cheapest I can find
They are superb tyres though you'll soon forget all about the price once you get them on, if the Bridgestone's weren't so cheap i probably wouldn't have risked buying anything else!

PeteMTBer

Just whip a wheel off to check the offset. Its worth checking if it would save you money going for the re070.

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
PeteMTBer said:
Just whip a wheel off to check the offset. Its worth checking if it would save you money going for the re070.
Thanks dude should have done this in the first place (lazy😕). But I have now wheels are 17 7.5 45 so if anyone knows if I can get 225 and be ok that be great! 👍🏻😀
Thanks in advance 😎

maxvr6

Advanced Member
In theory you might be just about ok but without knowing how much camber has been induced by the lowering springs (if any) its hard to say, sorry i know that doesn't help that much but it will be close...

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/19006-wheels-what-fits-and-how-they-look/?p=287978

I'd say just do it and run the risk that you might have to roll the arches a touch, you're already going save about £40 a corner if you go with RE070, how much does arch rolling cost? Or if you have a mate with an arch roller...

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Front will more than likely be ok, its the rear that's going to be your problem.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have a 215 tyre on the exact same size and offset and its just in.. Ive not got alot of camber, just a fairly normal fast road geo setting, but if i put 225s on id scrub I reckon. Can be done, but would need a touch more rear camber id say :) worth getting it checked at the same time as fitting.