tyre psi

wj51fut

Advanced Member
32 front
30 rear

I'm running AD08's though. Different tyres will matter for tyre pressures. Always check when stone cold too. Not after a motorway run.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I normally run 32 front and 30 rear.

If travelling a far distance or on a motorway then I generally opt for 35 front 32 rear as you get improved economy.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I normally run 32 front and 30 rear.

If travelling a far distance or on a motorway then I generally opt for 35 front 32 rear as you get improved economy.
cheers mate, good info is 32 F and 30 R best for performancing (track e.c.t) sorry to thread jack lol

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I was thinking about this earlier. I have always had 33F and 32R. After a drive though the fronts can be about 35 or so, shouldn't these be 33/32 ideally when warm?

On track atleast most seem to aim for 33/32 hot so why not on the road? I've dropped mine to 32F and 31R to closer reach the 33/32.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I was thinking about this earlier. I have always had 33F and 32R. After a drive though the fronts can be about 35 or so, shouldn't these be 33/32 ideally when warm?

On track atleast most seem to aim for 33/32 hot so why not on the road? I've dropped mine to 32F and 31R to closer reach the 33/32.
I think it depends on your driving habits, and the circumstances. On track using AD08's at Bedford Autodrome i found 32/32 to give me good traction, i think i had to lower approx 13 psi over the course of the day to keep those figures, 33/32 may have been better and increased steering response but ive always gone with 32/32, and in those circumstances i think 33/32 would have just induced more understeer.

32/32 acheived the best heat distribution across the width of the tire (ie not over or under inflated), however the inside was approx 4 degree C hotter than the outside of the contact patch when measured with my temp gun, so increasing the negative camber further would have increased traction even more meaning i could have pushed harder which would probably have upped the temperature thus increasing the pressure so possibly could have lowered the psi even further to acheieve 32/32.

Hope that made sense, food for thought :wacko:

Edit, ha confused myself with that statement, the temp was higher on the outside than the inside