Tyres..

P1SDW

Evening all,

I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times but I want to pick some brains.. Tyres..

I just got some Rota Fighters 17x8 ET48 for the DC5. I'm very used to the Michelin brand, especially the Pilot Super Sports. Now I know they don't make these and they have been replaced by the PS4S. Sadly you can't get either in this size. Im thinking about getting the regular Pilot Sport 4.

Anyone used it?

I keep seeing a lot of owners running the RE070 - they look great! I just worry about the standing water.

Another option is AD08R - I had these on my old A45 AMG and they nearly killed me at 15mph.

I need a very fast all weather road tyre, I know the MPSS or PS4S would be perfect but sadly its not to be.

Anyone help?

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Buy the PS4. I‘m getting a set on Saturday after seeing what they are like, Perfect tyre.

P1SDW

Mardgee said:
Buy the PS4. I‘m getting a set on Saturday after seeing what they are like, Perfect tyre.
How do you reckon they would get on with some track days?

Elliot438

I have AD08R and I feel they are amazing, used them through the winter but obviously in any kind of freezing conditions they will suck. The weight of the car affects how tyres feel hence why you probably didn't get on with them in a much heavier car. Michelin PS make great tyres also as already mentioned. I want to try some Bridgestone Potenzas next...

P1SDW

I might get a set of RE070 for the stock wheels, have the best of both tyres I guess.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
P1SDW said:
How do you reckon they would get on with some track days?
I‘ll tell you in March haha. Think they are up there for a tyre if you can only have one set of wheels

Indi

Advanced Member
From my experience

I run Michelin PS4 on my daily EP3 - They're great for everyday use but I do get the hint that they'd be not so great if pushing on, on a dry trackday.

RE070 - are great in dry but wet grip is average.

AD08r - awesome in dry, wet grip is okay too (slightly better than re070 wet grip) and hold up well on trackdays.

Chrish

Been using re070 in the snow and ice no problems grip fine in damp and cold as well ,use my dc5 every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk