ULEZ...

105tc

I just realised that I need my car to be ULEZ compliant. Based on Reg numbers visible on ads I have the following info.:
04 and older not compliant
06 compliant

Can anyone supply me with a 54, 05 & 55 Reg on an dc5 or check for me which one of these ages are compliant.

Thank you!

Link for checking: you don‘t need to create an account, just scroll down till you see a box to enter the Reg number in.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896?intcmp=35896

matt_hodgson

As far as I know, you won't find any DC5 reg that will be compliant because they're imports and not in the databases the site checks against. I don't think it's purely year - you can input the reg of an '03 EP3 and it will be compliant. Although I'm sure our cars are probably therefore compliant too, I don't think there's any process we can follow to prove it. That's my understanding anyway - would be nice if I was wrong. There's another thread about it somewhere.

Cheers
Matt

105tc

Thanks Matt - I have an 06 Reg which is compliant - all older ones I could get from ads which were 04 or older were not complaint.

I think it might be a simple case as a FL is compliant... but I think it‘s linked with, when the manufacturer increased the emissions control and/or reduced emissions.

Each manufacturer did I‘d differently and at different times. The website states that most cars post 05 should be compliant and all cars post 06 are. But also some older cars will also be compliant.

Eg my 53 plate 996 targa is compliant whilst my friends 54 plate Ferrari is not...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I‘ve discussed this with Ulez and although I‘ve not gone ahead with anything as no need too this is their reply letter:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torque GT

Parts Trader
We posted about this a while back, but essentially if your DC5 is on a 2005 plate or older then it will not conform with ULEZ. Any DC5 on a 2006 plate (which is pretty uncommon) will be exempt.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So how is this affecting people now and how will it going forward, this is a massive expansion of the ULEZ zone already and I wonder how long it will be until its expanded further or even into larger towns and areas. I have heard that parts of Kent are going to be covered by a ULEZ zone going forward, how true this is I don't know but this is deff one way to shaft everyone (especially those who have older cars not through choice but simply as they cannot afford to replace them, especially with elec cars for which the infrastructure is far from ready)...