Under rear light bracket still available?

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
71591-S6M-000 left rear light bracket

Can they still be purchased if so where from? Mines looking a bit rusty and bent slightly when I took the bumper off I realised this. Can these be bent back with care?

Thanks

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Try your local Honda dealer. I am going to order up some as well because mine are looking a little worse for wear too.

Jordan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lewis87

Advanced Member
They are pretty flimsy and almost always rusty. You will easily be able to bend it straight by hand and worth cleaning them up and painting if they are not too far gone.

lewis87

Advanced Member
Also if you do buy new, I would still paint them before fitting otherwise they will just rust again.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:
Also if you do buy new, I would still paint them before fitting otherwise they will just rust again.
How do they come new? Primed or bare? I haven't had the rear bumper off but I could see mine were looking poor from underneath the car.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
How do they come new? Primed or bare? I haven't had the rear bumper off but I could see mine were looking poor from underneath the car.

I would hammerite aerosol them with a thin coat to rust protect. That‘s what I will be doing. Just need to see if Honda still do them as they don‘t do many import parts now apparently

lewis87

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
They are painted black but the finish isn't upto the wet and road salt here.

My brackets were in good condition but I still put on a good quality zinc primer and a coat of black hammerite.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Cheers mate.

I was in Honda today. Part numbers for facelift below incase anyone needs it:

71541-S6M-010 (Right)
71591-S6M-010 (Left)

Jordan

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
Cheers mate.

I was in Honda today. Part numbers for facelift below incase anyone needs it:

71541-S6M-010 (Right)
71591-S6M-010 (Left)

Jordan

How much did Honda say they were.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Prices are in photo above. 18 and 19. Then add VAT.

Not sure if facelift and PFL are the same design or not.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Quick parts tip - If you pop onto Lings Honda they have a parts search on their website. Just wack the part number in. Gives you an idea if the part is still available :)

stefanmcc99

Hello everyone, first post on the forum but ive owned my DC5 for about 4 years now. Removed the rear bumper at the weekend to sort the tail light seals and found these brackets also to be rotten.

Ordered two new ones from Tegiwa, they had one side in stock and the other had to be ordered 10-15 days i think. So just waiting to get them to build her back up now
they were £30 - £40 for anyone interested.

Just now removing the two screws that hold each bracket onto the tail light will be the issue... have them soaking in wd40 atm while im waiting on my parts.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
stefanmcc99 said:
Hello everyone, first post on the forum but ive owned my DC5 for about 4 years now. Removed the rear bumper at the weekend to sort the tail light seals and found these brackets also to be rotten.

Ordered two new ones from Tegiwa, they had one side in stock and the other had to be ordered 10-15 days i think. So just waiting to get them to build her back up now
they were £30 - £40 for anyone interested.

Just now removing the two screws that hold each bracket onto the tail light will be the issue... have them soaking in wd40 atm while im waiting on my parts.
Put the link up and exact prices of each corner. Thank you

stefanmcc99

Sorry for the late reply, i have the links below.
Weirdly the left side bracket is £30 and the right side is £40. The guy from Tegiwa said its as they are starting to discontinue them.

Top link is right - £40

Bottom link is left - £30

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-rear-bumper-upper-bracket-integra-type-r-dc5-right.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9nbnuHH6AIVSZ3VCh1sFQVpEAQYASABEgLXuPD_BwE

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-rear-bumper-upper-bracket-integra-type-r-dc5-LEFT.html?SID=qtskj6otd166n49sskm492nse3

gaza4

Advanced Member
Just ordered new seals and brackets myself from Tegiwa over the weekend.

Both my brackets are in bad shape with the inner mounting points on both sides completely broken off. Sheared off the mounting stud in the process of removing the broken piece. Not sure how to get around that one!!!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
Just ordered new seals and brackets myself from Tegiwa over the weekend.

Both my brackets are in bad shape with the inner mounting points on both sides completely broken off. Sheared off the mounting stud in the process of removing the broken piece. Not sure how to get around that one!!!

Drill it out and put a self tapper in it, or re-thread it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk