Under rear light bracket still available?

stefanmcc99

gaza4 said:
Just ordered new seals and brackets myself from Tegiwa over the weekend.

Both my brackets are in bad shape with the inner mounting points on both sides completely broken off. Sheared off the mounting stud in the process of removing the broken piece. Not sure how to get around that one!!!

I would just drill it out and put an M6 bolt through with a nut on the inside. I had to give one of mine a little heat to get it to budge but luckily it came off ok.

As for the two starhead screws which hold the brackets onto the bottoms of the tail lights did yours come out okay? mine wont budge so im letting them soak in wd40 until the new brackets arrive.

gaza4

Advanced Member
stefanmcc99 said:
I would just drill it out and put an M6 bolt through with a nut on the inside. I had to give one of mine a little heat to get it to budge but luckily it came off ok.

As for the two starhead screws which hold the brackets onto the bottoms of the tail lights did yours come out okay? mine wont budge so im letting them soak in wd40 until the new brackets arrive.
the 2 screws were badly rounded off so i began to ground them off with a dremel but the heat caused them to melt the threads and just fall out!!! i have some replacement screws for them but i#m not too concerned about them. the 4 8mm nuts will hold the light in just fine

gaza4

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Drill it out and put a self tapper in it, or re-thread it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
yup, that would be the simplest idea alright. typical me trying to come up with over complicated solutions!!!

gaza4

Advanced Member
self drilling self tappers straight through the old stud. just gotta wait on the brackets to get here now!!!