Under the seat small subwoofers

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all I'm looking to get an under the seat silibwoofer and was wondering if anyone has one and can explain how easy it is to install and setup?

Do they need wiring to the battery still etc?

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have an kenwood one. Only 150w, and no mine doesn't go to the battery. It doesn't provide massive bass, its just abit of depth to the music. Mines been fine for 5 years now. Goes plenty loud enough for me. And its neat and tidy :)

Im sure there are better out there but for the money i gave for this its fine :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That's looks good mate and what I was looking at, how does it power etc? What connections are linked to the headunit and so on (if you can confirm) thanks

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
What do you have already?

An amp and speaker change will make a huge difference if you are running speakers directly off the headunit.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
This is linked to my speakers behind the headunit too, so all my speakers are running from the amp in the sub enclosure. Its not overly powerful as already stated, but it gives a big kore bass than normal, but a much better feel to the sound system...alot less tinny. There will he better setups but this is ample if you just want to enjoy music, rather than let the public hear your from miles away. Haha

As its not that powerful, its remote and power comes from the back kf my sony headunit. There was a 12v out that was fused and up to the job, so save running a lead to the battery directly.

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi all I'm looking to get an under the seat silibwoofer and was wondering if anyone has one and can explain how easy it is to install and setup?

Do they need wiring to the battery still etc?

Thanks
I have a clarion underseat subwoofer that was in my dc5 that im willing to sell, can get pics up if your interested

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
What do you have already?

An amp and speaker change will make a huge difference if you are running speakers directly off the headunit.
Hi Chris I've got stock speakers and just fitted an android eonon head unit.

I'm just done with the days of big sound systems and so wanted that little extra if that makes sense? Without wires going out to the battery etc.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
This is linked to my speakers behind the headunit too, so all my speakers are running from the amp in the sub enclosure. Its not overly powerful as already stated, but it gives a big kore bass than normal, but a much better feel to the sound system...alot less tinny. There will he better setups but this is ample if you just want to enjoy music, rather than let the public hear your from miles away. Haha

As its not that powerful, its remote and power comes from the back kf my sony headunit. There was a 12v out that was fused and up to the job, so save running a lead to the battery directly.
Not sure if my new stereo can do that :-(

ITR BOY said:
I have a clarion underseat subwoofer that was in my dc5 that im willing to sell, can get pics up if your interested
Please do mate would be nice to see and understand how it's installed / fitted to see if I can get what I want from one

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
My headunit is about 7 years old and had a power out lead. Im sure the new ones must have something? Could be wrong though.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Hi Chris I've got stock speakers and just fitted an android eonon head unit.

I'm just done with the days of big sound systems and so wanted that little extra if that makes sense? Without wires going out to the battery etc.
I hadn't realised that the under seat units have in built amps for another two channels, this may be an option.

Regular amps (class D) are small these days, you can house them under a seat without the need for running wires into the boot like days gone by. Some decent door proofing and some nice speakers would make a large difference.

Depends on budget and what you want to achieve but on the face of it an under seat sub could be a cheap and easy win.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I hadn't realised that the under seat units have in built amps for another two channels, this may be an option.

Regular amps (class D) are small these days, you can house them under a seat without the need for running wires into the boot like days gone by. Some decent door proofing and some nice speakers would make a large difference.

Depends on budget and what you want to achieve but on the face of it an under seat sub could be a cheap and easy win.
Sorry to pinch the thread. Could you suggest some decent front speakers that wont break the bank. Any maybe sound proofing? And a how to. Taking the mick now :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sorry to pinch the thread. Could you suggest some decent front speakers that wont break the bank. Any maybe sound proofing? And a how to. Taking the mick now :)
Depends on budget? Hartz make nice speakers but I personally prefer Audison equipment. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. I don't do sound proofing myself, I get my local ICE shop to do it.

But basically you would strip the door car and then layer up Dynamat to cover as much metal as you can. Having decent mounts for the speakers to sit in make a world of difference.

A personal favourite combination for me would be an Audison amp and AV K6 Voce components.

nsxer

Advanced Member
Hertz, rainbow are quality speakers and cover most budgets
I run a wee 2 way component in my civic and it's nice

Bought rainbows for the family cr-v and they are decent too

Any aftermarket speaker will piss all over OEM

Defo sound deadening in the dc5 is a must

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Another added benefit of sound deadening in the doors is that the door shut sounds much more satisfying and 'German' like. The downside is the weight, it's not light stuff.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Another added benefit of sound deadening in the doors is that the door shut sounds much more satisfying and 'German' like. The downside is the weight, it's not light stuff.
But realistically not heavy enough to matter.

I used foil back Dynamat equivalent in both doors, boot, and footwells, was about 8kgs all in. Much less than you'd expect.

Worth it for the fraction of road noise reduction and far better sound quality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Do these subwoofers fit under the Recaros easy enough then?
From what I have seen yes, I have not yet managed to get one though so still running normal gear off of my aftermarket headunit