Undercar protection

gonzo

Advanced Member
Going to have a go at some underbody protection on the teg this week....having never looked under there yet (Amuse gets fitted tomorrow!)......

Does anyone have any pics of what to paint and what not to?!!

Any help gratefully recieved!!! :lol:

T666YPR

Paid for my underseal to be done before collection.

They used the wrong type so got for free.

Regardless,it's still easier to pay for it to be done,only a few more £££s but with peace of mind 8)

Simon

(better to use waxoyl than the black stuff)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi Simon,

Why exactly do you think waxoyl is better? I've used that ontop of standard underseal when reshelling cars but am unsure as to how robust it will be over the years.
The job of finding someone to underseal my car is proving more difficult than expected. I don't know a bodyshop I'd trust to do a decent job and no one I ask has done anything other than a diy job. I'd prefer a someone who'd do inside the door skins as well as the obvious places underneath.
I might contact the guy who you got yours from and see if he can help.

chris

DP.

Advanced Member
I also require my car undersealing.. maybe we could get a deal to get a job lot done? hahaha

Gonna look into it and see if any locals do it or maybe even get the kit and do it myself

gonzo

Advanced Member
I'm not worried about doing the job myself.....just slightly worried i might cover the wrong parts!!!

Anyone have any under car pics that they could share?!!

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
DP. said:
I also require my car undersealing.. maybe we could get a deal to get a job lot done? hahaha

Gonna look into it and see if any locals do it or maybe even get the kit and do it myself
I like that Idea even though when mune was in the air it looked fine !

Paul at System R commented that the standard underseal looks no different to that on a UK CTR :?

Peace of mind I suppose !

Andy

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I too have been told the underseal looks no different to uk hondas. That was by a Honda mechanic ! However, when you hear differeing views from people in the import business it does make you wonder. The inside and bottoms of door skins does make me cautiousr. Also the lip on the rear wheel arches is lacking in underseal so i'm forever rinsing that out when washing the car.
I'll continue to ask around Andy and see what options I come up with.

T666YPR

Just quoting from a previous thread:

CharlesW said:
Chris

The other alternative is to Waxoyl it. This has the advantage that you can protect the inside of voids as well as the underside of the car. You can do it yourself if you have access to a ramp or a pit.

Exposed parts of the underside will probably require re-treatment every couple of years. Also you can get it in "clear", so the underside of the car is not a black mess.

I have an 8 year old imported WRX which has been waxoyled every now and again. It has survived 6 years and over a 100,000 miles of Scottish winters.
Was what I originally wanted,the black stuff is a bit messy,the voids being sprayed too is peace of mind.

-That rear wheel arch lip,I cut my knuckles everytime I wash the car trying to keep those clean :evil:

Simon

rs-typeR

If you want a really good job making of the underseal go to chris at
http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/. My mate took his skyline to him and they make a terrific job, its not that cheap around £400 but well worth it considering most of will spend over 15k on our cars in the first place!

I pick my DC5 up next week and I will be booking it him with him straight away, long drive but fun (Cheshire to Newbury)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
rs-typeR said:
If you want a really good job making of the underseal go to chris at
http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/. My mate took his skyline to him and they make a terrific job, its not that cheap around £400 but well worth it considering most of will spend over 15k on our cars in the first place!

I pick my DC5 up next week and I will be booking it him with him straight away, long drive but fun (Cheshire to Newbury)
Your not joking when you said it wasnt cheap :shock:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi Andy,

I might have some news on somewhere local to us for waxoiling.
watch this space.
:wink:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
chris cc said:
Hi Andy,

I might have some news on somewhere local to us for waxoiling.
watch this space.
:wink:
I wish I could say that my life is too busy to check out this forum but in reality I spend far too much time on here and on the CTR forum :lol:

DP.

Advanced Member
waxoyling is a very messy job.... i paid £80 for someone locally to do it :)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
DP. said:
I noticed your from Stoke for £80 I would travel down there !

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
DP. said:
Do you know what they did exactly? Just curious to know what others have done before i specify which areas i want covering. floorpan, front wheel arches behind the covers, rears on lip etc. Has anybody gone to the bother of removing door trims to do the skins and door bottoms? lotta water goes that way i guess. :?

DP.

Advanced Member
basically the guy sprayed everything under the car and under the arches.... i think he might have even sprayed some inside the chassis membrame'n such....

anyway im happy it was done especially with all the grit and snow on the roads this week :)