Underseal needs doing this year, Who done yours?

bee123

Advanced Member
Hi all i done a search and i have found TGM are favoured by some, Honda could be a option i will talk to them over the next week.
I live near Corby in the midlands so if anyone on here has any recommendations locally that would be great. :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Depends how DIY you are. I did mine late last year, just in time for winter.

Lightly wire brushed any loose rust from under the car then wiped it all done with some old rags so it was clean and free of loose particles.
Got a tin of £15 Hammerite underseal with waxoil from Halfords. Heated it up in a bucket of hot water and proceeded to 'dab' the underside of the car so it gave a manufactures appearance.

All of that while my car was on axle stands... Space was pretty limited and underseal isn't the best smelling stuff haha :green:

bee123

Advanced Member
Thanks for that tricker_luke but would prefer it done by someone who done them before.
Dotty how long does TGM need the car for?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Torque imports did mine! they did it when it was imported as well 8)

*Edit, sorry thats not local for you :lol:

Gpack

I would imagine they will need the car for at least a day and half mate

I had the chassis steam cleaned and let it dry out then undersealed it using schultz underseal
preheated on the radiator, goes on a treat :)

Then left it at least a day before it was driven but you could use it before then i think just check out recommended curing times on underseal.

Emma

Advanced Member
bee123 said:
Thanks for that tricker_luke but would prefer it done by someone who done them before.
Dotty how long does TGM need the car for?
TGM did mine.....doesn't take long at all.......mind you it was the second time as the importer failed to do it correctly the first time round so Tom sorted it out for me :D

EK9turbo

most of the times taken masking evenything up before doing it.

Paul, I've just bought 5L of 3M Shutz sealant (that sets). Much nicer than the non-setting waxoil. If you'd like it doing then drop me a PM or give me a call tomorrow. I've got to do the turbo 9 first xthumbsup