Very impressed with Greenlight :)

cmhshek

Advanced Member
I'm 25 with 6 years NCB living in the North East.

I was a bit apprehensive at first due to having 3 points and the list of mods, but I was pleasantly surprised with all my quotes.

Mods are:
Gruppe M, RBC inlet, DC Sports manifold, Spoon catback and K100 remap.

Greenlight - £700
Brentacre - £550

Finally Sky - £520

Bearing in mind, this is with lower excess, protected NCB and business use!

Very very happy :)

EDIT (see post #12):
After getting in touch with Neil he has managed to beat Sky's quote with £498.50! :D

MrRy

Advanced Member
I just had my renewal through with Sky and it's absolutely naff. (as EVERY renewal quote I have ever had is) I only stayed with them last year as I changed to the DC5 near the start of my insurance renewal with the S2000, and it increased it by £81.73 (was expecting the opposite TBH). But it was cheaper than going with a cheaper quote and dealing with the cancellation fees.

I shall be shopping around the usual good guys - Sky, A-Plan, Greenlight, Brentace, Keith Michaels, Graham Sykes, Need 2 Insure and seeing who comes out on top.

Sky are great, but it's horses for courses - I've had a DC2 Turbo putting down way more power when I was younger and it cost nearly half of what the DC5 does to insure, go figure.

cmhshek

Advanced Member
It does seem like they've disappointed some folk come renewal time, but for now I'm happy lol.

I did try others as well, A-Plan, Prestige etc. but they were either nowhere close, or didn't bother calling me back like they said they would <_<

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Yeah I was originally going to go with Sainsbury's.

Quoted me £500ish but that was for a standard dc5 and very minimum comprehensive cover and no protected ncb.

I'm not too sure what their policy is when it comes to mods such as k100 etc.

Either way, I always expected around £1000 before buying a dc5 so I'm over the moon!

Rob R

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
wait til you have to make a claim and see how impressed you are with sky...
I was unfortunate enough to have to do this the start of last year and I found their claim handler to be really good?

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
cmhshek said:
I'm 25 with 6 years NCB living in the North East.

I was a bit apprehensive at first due to having 3 points and the list of mods, but I was pleasantly surprised with all my quotes.

Mods are:
Gruppe M, RBC inlet, DC Sports manifold, Spoon catback and K100 remap.

Greenlight - £700
Brentacre - £550

And finally Sky - £520

Bearing in mind, this is with lower excess, protected NCB and business use!

Very very happy :)
Your annual mileage must be high mate or postcode high rated as for a 25yr old with max NCB we are normally £350-£550 including protected NCB.

Thanks for trying us though.

Kind Regards
neil

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
Your annual mileage must be high mate or postcode high rated as for a 25yr old with max NCB we are normally £350-£550 including protected NCB.

Thanks for trying us though.

Kind Regards
neil
Is there any way to tell if your postcode is a factor?
I am max no claims, no points, and 37rs old yet I am still near the £500 mark?

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better..got in touch with Neil and he's managed to do better than Sky with £498.50!

Slightly less mileage but not a problem.

What really impressed me was how quick he got back to me and the convenience of talking via PM rather than over the phone. I'm still waiting for call backs from some other companies <_<

I have amended the title and original post to reflect this :)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
cmhshek said:
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better..got in touch with Neil and he's managed to do better than Sky with £498.50!

Slightly less mileage but not a problem.

What really impressed me was how quick he got back to me and the convenience of talking via PM rather than over the phone. I'm still waiting for call backs from some other companies <_<

I have amended the title and original post to reflect this :)
Always happy to help via PM with any questions.

With modified DC5's the mileage is quite crucial so the fact that you were able to be flexible on the mileage really helped with the premium.

Kind Regards
Neil