Vid request - Solid Fab's Super Silent

MikeH89

Active Member
Messages
66
Hi All,

Does anyone have some track or driving footage with a Solid Fab's Super Silent fitted?

I'm looking for a system that will give a little extra noise over OEM but without being too intrusive, people have reported the Solid Fab's system to drone a little but I don't know if that is the Super Silent system they now make.

Thanks in advance :)
 

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Messages
1,223
MikeH89 said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have some track or driving footage with a Solid Fab's Super Silent fitted?

I'm looking for a system that will give a little extra noise over OEM but without being too intrusive, people have reported the Solid Fab's system to drone a little but I don't know if that is the Super Silent system they now make.

Thanks in advance :)
If you want something a little louder than OEM then a fujitsubo rm01a is probably best.

Only reason why people go for solid fab is because it's 3inch and increases airflow, therefore more power.

Rm01a offers best off the shelf performance, much lighter than the solid fab, and is quiet when cursing and gives a nice tone when flooring it.
 

MikeH89

Active Member
Messages
66
Reggie91 said:
If you want something a little louder than OEM then a fujitsubo rm01a is probably best.

Only reason why people go for solid fab is because it's 3inch and increases airflow, therefore more power.

Rm01a offers best off the shelf performance, much lighter than the solid fab, and is quiet when cursing and gives a nice tone when flooring it.
I must admit, the RM01A is definitely something I was considering, but the price difference between them and the Solid Fab's system had me wondering

Thanks for your post :)
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
I must admit, the RM01A is definitely something I was considering, but the price difference between them and the Solid Fab's system had me wondering

Thanks for your post :)
You will get what you pay for mate. I did a lot of research into every system I could find on the DC5 to make my choice and wasn't bothered by the price. My goals were to find a good high quality system that's generally quiet but offers a great noise on throttle but that will also be 100% track friendly without a bung anywhere.

The end result was ordering an RM01A, the lightest system of them (by far), I get 82-84db on static tests at Brands at 6500rpm and 86-88db on full throttle driveby with an AEM long arm cai in the bumper and a full decatted DC Sport manifold etc

Worth every penny and never need a bung. Everyone I know with a SF has a bung in case as super silent is not as silent as needed on many tracks nowadays and I fear it'll only get worse over the coming years

SF's work is great but the system for me was too heavy, had some drone in all the cars I have experienced it in and also requires a bung at times on some tracks :-(

PS I can provide plenty of video, noise footage of my system if needed
 

MikeH89

Active Member
Messages
66
carl hammond said:
You will get what you pay for mate. I did a lot of research into every system I could find on the DC5 to make my choice and wasn't bothered by the price. My goals were to find a good high quality system that's generally quiet but offers a great noise on throttle but that will also be 100% track friendly without a bung anywhere.

The end result was ordering an RM01A, the lightest system of them (by far), I get 82-84db on static tests at Brands at 6500rpm and 86-88db on full throttle driveby with an AEM long arm cai in the bumper and a full decatted DC Sport manifold etc

Worth every penny and never need a bung. Everyone I know with a SF has a bung in case as super silent is not as silent as needed on many tracks nowadays and I fear it'll only get worse over the coming years

SF's work is great but the system for me was too heavy, had some drone in all the cars I have experienced it in and also requires a bung at times on some tracks :-(

PS I can provide plenty of video, noise footage of my system if needed
Thanks for the response mate, out of interest, have you heard the Fujitsubo Power Getter? Can I find some in car footage on your build thread for the RM01a?

Thanks!
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Thanks for the response mate, out of interest, have you heard the Fujitsubo Power Getter? Can I find some in car footage on your build thread for the RM01a?

Thanks!
Hi mate none on there but I can pm you some links if needed too footage from both my front and rear internal cameras and some drive by footage people have taken at brands. I have not personally heard the Fujitsubo Power Getter myself im afraid mate as the RM01A was more to my liking when carrying out some seriously in depth research on all systems I liked and considered, I can find out about that one poss though if needed

Carl
 

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Messages
1,223
Interested in your comments about the bung for the SF. Im looking at getting one to replace my RM01a eventually.

Didn't realise people need bungs?

I was going to go for the dolphin tail one in the hopes it reduces some of the noise
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Interested in your comments about the bung for the SF. Im looking at getting one to replace my RM01a eventually.

Didn't realise people need bungs?

I was going to go for the dolphin tail one in the hopes it reduces some of the noise
Yeah he offers the bung as I know a few people have had issues, at Brands there is no way the SF will pass some of the evening DB levels, they can be as low as 88db on driveby and that's borderline for an RM01A with a straight through mani. I will 100% however be having a solid fab mani and decat (with removable sport cat) if and when I ever need to replace my current mani setup as I honestly love the quality of his work and like helping local businesses where possible.

I believe bungs have been needed at Brands and Bedford mainly as they are very strict
 

Mebz

Advanced Member
Messages
927
carl hammond said:
You will get what you pay for mate. I did a lot of research into every system I could find on the DC5 to make my choice and wasn't bothered by the price. My goals were to find a good high quality system that's generally quiet but offers a great noise on throttle but that will also be 100% track friendly without a bung anywhere.

The end result was ordering an RM01A, the lightest system of them (by far), I get 82-84db on static tests at Brands at 6500rpm and 86-88db on full throttle driveby with an AEM long arm cai in the bumper and a full decatted DC Sport manifold etc

Worth every penny and never need a bung. Everyone I know with a SF has a bung in case as super silent is not as silent as needed on many tracks nowadays and I fear it'll only get worse over the coming years

SF's work is great but the system for me was too heavy, had some drone in all the cars I have experienced it in and also requires a bung at times on some tracks :-(

PS I can provide plenty of video, noise footage of my system if needed
Don't listen to Carl... you know he's just bought some yellowspeed coilovers.... [emoji2]

Not going to let you play that one down Carl...
 

Mebz

Advanced Member
Messages
927
I've got the solid fab full system. Static it's 98db.

I've never had any issues with noise on any track day I've been on but obviously I can't go to some of the quite days.

I've got some driveby and in car vids on my instagram.
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Mebz said:
Don't listen to Carl... you know he's just bought some yellowspeed coilovers.... [emoji2]

Not going to let you play that one down Carl...
Lol, I‘m not letting myself either however a pro of all this is that I can actually finally answer some unanswered questions where people have raves about the area track versions that I‘ve bought vs the likes of Bilsteins.

I‘m already deciding on another potential setup for in 12-18 months time (once I‘ve moved as then I can get a trailer and not need to drive it too and from places) unless it‘s been replaced by then 🤔
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Mebz said:
I've got the solid fab full system. Static it's 98db.
What rpm is that at mate ? Any idea of your driveby db, assume it also matters which tracks the op is going to attend as they all differ so much.

I believe some in Scotland have no limit, that‘s perfect for everyone lol
 

Mebz

Advanced Member
Messages
927
carl hammond said:
What rpm is that at mate ? Any idea of your driveby db, assume it also matters which tracks the op is going to attend as they all differ so much.

I believe some in Scotland have no limit, that‘s perfect for everyone lol
Around 6k.

I specifically got efi parts to set my idle rev limit (aka by fan boyz 'launch control') at 3/4 of rev range.
 

Mebz

Advanced Member
Messages
927
carl hammond said:
What rpm is that at mate ? Any idea of your driveby db, assume it also matters which tracks the op is going to attend as they all differ so much.

I believe some in Scotland have no limit, that‘s perfect for everyone lol
No idea on drive by to be honest.

I've noticed a lot of tracks have stopped doing static, they just do 105db driveby
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Mebz said:
No idea on drive by to be honest.

I've noticed a lot of tracks have stopped doing static, they just do 105db driveby
Where does that now? Would be nice if brands do as my mates Carrera‘s right on the limit on the static at the evening session yet no issues once going with a driveby of 98
 

Mebz

Advanced Member
Messages
927
carl hammond said:
Where does that now? Would be nice if brands do as my mates Carter‘s was right on the limit on the static at the evening session yet no issues once going with a driveby of 98
I got sound tested recently when I was at Curborough but prior to that I can't remember the last time I had a static test.

Done Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Silverstone, Spa, none of them required me to do a static test
 

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Messages
3,280
Mebz said:
I got sound tested recently when I was at Curborough but prior to that I can't remember the last time I had a static test.

Done Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Silverstone, Spa, none of them required me to do a static test
Must be a Brands thing then for now due to being right in the middle of a housing area... They are strict on both every track session (but it being 20 mins max from home makes it perfect for me) which was most of the reason I got the system I got (to future proof the car for their strictness)
 

Jon0

Member
Messages
17
MikeH89 said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have some track or driving footage with a Solid Fab's Super Silent fitted?

I'm looking for a system that will give a little extra noise over OEM but without being too intrusive, people have reported the Solid Fab's system to drone a little but I don't know if that is the Super Silent system they now make.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi mate

I‘ve got a solid fab super silent system, if your near to the Surrey area your welcome to come and have a listen [emoji1303]

Jon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Messages
544
I've got solid fab super silent.. been Snetterton and brands hatch many times and have had no problems with noise limit.. I don't have a bung either..
 

MikeH89

Active Member
Messages
66
Jon0 said:
Hi mate

I‘ve got a solid fab super silent system, if your near to the Surrey area your welcome to come and have a listen [emoji1303]

Jon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks very much for the offer mate, but i'm in Bournemouth, so a fair way from you!
 
Top