Wannabe...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi mate, my black one is for sale in the Classifieds section. Worth a look around and see what's about as there's a few nice ones for sale.

skengdR

Advanced Member
105tc said:
not sure what paddle clutch would be , also the car , seats and mats are different colours

you have better options out there for a 8k budget imo

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
not sure what paddle clutch would be , also the car , seats and mats are different colours

All they've done is change the black seats for red ones.

I would keep clear of that car based on the fact one of the previous owners put those awful quick release fender things on it. God knows what other stupid things they did to it 🤣

105tc

Crazylegs said:
Hi mate, my black one is for sale in the Classifieds section. Worth a look around and see what's about as there's a few nice ones for sale.
Thanks - looks like a great car. Shame you are not local... but I will spend some time in Jan going to see cars and get a sense of them.

105tc

skengdR said:

Tbh I am struggling to see - from the ads at least - the difference between 8k ish cars and 12k ish cars... and therefore why is this one ‘Bad‘ and say crazylegs one ‘good‘. They both sound good on paper.

105tc

If anyone is near West London and wouldn‘t mind educating me - I‘d be most grateful.

I have owned a variety of cars (eg. 182 Clio, Exige, 996 gt3) and it‘s always been pretty easy to filter out the ‘not so good‘ ones out as well as the ‘overpriced‘ ones.

But with the dc5s I am struggling... I mean obviously you ignore the motorhub car! And ignoring mileage - they all seem to be loved and well maintained - some have ‘interesting‘ stories but not negative just different - and you‘d expect that with a car like the dc5 to have different mods & stories.

Apologies for the ramble...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
105tc said:
Thanks - looks like a great car. Shame you are not local... but I will spend some time in Jan going to see cars and get a sense of them.
No worries mate, whereabouts are you based? You're welcome to come and take a look at it and take it for a drive. I'm open to offers on the 9k as well. It's a good car now, I've spent a lot of money getting it sorted and driving properly. Up to you bud. Hope you manage to find a good one.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
105tc said:
If anyone is near West London and wouldn‘t mind educating me - I‘d be most grateful.

I have owned a variety of cars (eg. 182 Clio, Exige, 996 gt3) and it‘s always been pretty easy to filter out the ‘not so good‘ ones out as well as the ‘overpriced‘ ones.

But with the dc5s I am struggling... I mean obviously you ignore the motorhub car! And ignoring mileage - they all seem to be loved and well maintained - some have ‘interesting‘ stories but not negative just different - and you‘d expect that with a car like the dc5 to have different mods & stories.

Apologies for the ramble...
I‘m in Kent if you need to look after a very well maintained and cared for one but tbh you‘ll et what you pay for and it‘s always worth traveling for the right car.

Mine was on the market for 11k about 2 months ago and I had about 15 people showing an interest and 9 of which were lined up to view it but I pulled it from the market as I‘m also buying another house and have plans for the car as a spare one.

Marc‘s (Crazylegs) is a great example with low mileage engine recently from a reputable Honda breaker I‘ve known over 15yrs.

If you want one more local send some over and we‘ll all help but ones that are enthusiast owned and known are generally going to attract more attention and sell easier as they‘ll have been looked after, also always worth going through build threads in here mate

carl hammond

Advanced Member
105tc said:
Tbh I am struggling to see - from the ads at least - the difference between 8k ish cars and 12k ish cars... and therefore why is this one ‘Bad‘ and say crazylegs one ‘good‘. They both sound good on paper.
This ones undergone changes as the colour combo wasn‘t an option and isn‘t correct for one mate, as in my they post above I would try and aim for a known car as too many bad examples floating about :-(

105tc

Crazylegs said:
No worries mate, whereabouts are you based? You're welcome to come and take a look at it and take it for a drive. I'm open to offers on the 9k as well. It's a good car now, I've spent a lot of money getting it sorted and driving properly. Up to you bud. Hope you manage to find a good one.
I am in West London, so you are roughly 4hrs away... but I will try and make a cunning plan to see yours.

105tc

carl hammond said:
I‘m in Kent if you need to look after a very well maintained and cared for one but tbh you‘ll et what you pay for and it‘s always worth traveling for the right car.

Mine was on the market for 11k about 2 months ago and I had about 15 people showing an interest and 9 of which were lined up to view it but I pulled it from the market as I‘m also buying another house and have plans for the car as a spare one.

Marc‘s (Crazylegs) is a great example with low mileage engine recently from a reputable Honda breaker I‘ve known over 15yrs.

If you want one more local send some over and we‘ll all help but ones that are enthusiast owned and known are generally going to attract more attention and sell easier as they‘ll have been looked after, also always worth going through build threads in here mate
Thanks - really appreciate your input.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
105tc said:
I am in West London, so you are roughly 4hrs away... but I will try and make a cunning plan to see yours.
No worries bud, let me know if you manage to get time to look at it and I'll make sure I'm around. Appreciate it's a far drive for you as well.

skengdR

Advanced Member
105tc said:
its worth the drive and worth the money , you wouldnt be disappointed if you bought his

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
its worth the drive and worth the money , you wouldnt be disappointed if you bought his

Thanks a lot mate for the kind words.

105tc

ctrsam said:
Come and see mine if you like

I'm in Derby. Recently advertised it on marketplace
Hi - do you have a link, I think I am been dumb and can‘t find it.