Washer Jet

craity

Hi guys,
Just ran into a problem with my dc5, basically the wipers are working fully, but when I try to pull the switch to wash my windscreen, I cant hear the pump and the wipers dont come on either. Which gets me thinking that it wouldnt be a wiper problem as they are working normally otherwise? Would it be the switch needing change? Is there any wires I can test?

Thank you

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys,
Just ran into a problem with my dc5, basically the wipers are working fully, but when I try to pull the switch to wash my windscreen, I cant hear the pump and the wipers dont come on either. Which gets me thinking that it wouldnt be a wiper problem as they are working normally otherwise? Would it be the switch needing change? Is there any wires I can test?

Thank you
Even if the little washer pumps go the wipers will work so that’s an odd one

do the wipers work manually on every setting and is it just when you try and do the wash wipe function?

craity

Even if the little washer pumps go the wipers will work so that’s an odd one

do the wipers work manually on every setting and is it just when you try and do the wash wipe function?
They work on all settings except when i pull the switch, when i pull neither the wipers or washers work

carl hammond

Advanced Member
They work on all settings except when i pull the switch, when i pull neither the wipers or washers work
Sounds like it may be the stork itself, I’d start with simple things like undo the housing and check the connections mate