Water in Footwell

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Anyone experienced a foot well full of water? found it today while running a cable. Currently ripped all the carpet out to dry that foam underneath, and hopefully try and find out where it's coming from!

ste01

Advanced Member
Which side is it? Ive heard passenger sides getting wet as a result of the AC drain or something around the glove box.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Which side is it? Ive heard passenger sides getting wet as a result of the AC drain or something around the glove box.
Passanger side. I've also read it can some in through the seams if the sealer has perished. Now islets stripped I should he able to see it some in with a bit of luck

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
Might be worth talking to Torque GT too because you've not had it long. They might be able to help

Crackfox

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Might be worth talking to Torque GT too because you've not had it long. They might be able to help
Sure they'd help out, but the 10hr round trip to Devon wouldn't make it feasible.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Sure they'd help out, but the 10hr round trip to Devon wouldn't make it feasible.

They sometimes let you use 3rd party garages in your area. (Trust worthy known garages that is, Area motorsport, TGM etc)

CrouchyM

Crackfox said:
Passanger side. I've also read it can some in through the seams if the sealer has perished. Now islets stripped I should he able to see it some in with a bit of luck

This! Remove the strips on the roof and inspect the seam sealer front and rear.

That‘s where mine has been leaking from and I‘m currently in the process of sorting it out. (Been documenting it on my YouTube: Max Crouch)

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Does anyone know what that tape is called that holds the cable in. It's like foam, stick on one side?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
What cable are you talking about?
All cables :). Just tape that secures it to the chassis to stop vibration. You can see some in my on the passenger sill, just near the handbrake button.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Well I can definitively say that it is leaking. I just cant see where i need to. It's up in the corners under the dash, and is doing it from both sides. All I can think right now is to get the wings off and have a look in there.

CrouchyM

Crackfox said:
Well I can definitively say that it is leaking. I just cant see where i need to. It's up in the corners under the dash, and is doing it from both sides. All I can think right now is to get the wings off and have a look in there.
Did you check where I said to check?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
CrouchyM said:
Did you check where I said to check?
I had all the roof strips out when I got the car and detailed it. Pretty sure it's either the window or the wing seams, idea how to tell which. Wish I could afford ot take the dash out and get it sealed on both sides to be honest.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Wings off today and inside floor painted in Eastwood rubberised Rust Encapsulator. Defiantly some cracking at the top of the wing under the window so I've dealt with that. Put some S50 in the rear arches, sill and pillars while i was in there. Didn't realise it would come out the bottom though, so Mrs Fox isn't very please about the mess on the drive. Also managed to get some seem sealer up behind the dash where i could see a rusty line through some sealer there. It was a bloody pig though. No sure I'll be able to feel my spine tomorrow.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Put the car back together today. Seem to have some parts left over, and one fo the seat bolts missing :xaiweb4: