weird problem

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ok this one is for the geeks,

almost everytime (and more frequently this last 2 weeks) i try to get onto the site, www.itr-dc5.com (or .co.uk) i cant, i get a meaasge saying problem loading page or site not found,
sometimes it will go straight on but usually it wont, if i go elsewhere and surf for a bit then try again sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes it wount work at all and i have to change computers,

I have tried different browsers and thought it was something to do with a new installation of W7 on my own pc but my work laptop with same OS is the exactly the same but not quite as bad , it logs to every other site just fine,
any ideas?

I'm using the windows defender antivirus and firewall on my own laptop and mcaffe on works one,
If it was firewall related why can i go anywhere else but not here?????

help its driving me nuts.

when i asked the IT guy in work he ran some tests and claimed the site was not configured correctly (not helpfull really

larz

Advanced Member
could be something to do with the site's A Record setup... Try it without the www part...

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Sounds like it could be a problem with DNS, you rebooted your internet router to see if that helps?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
yeah the www record uses a CNAME instead of A.

I've always tried to stay clear of CNAMES where possible.

Domain Type Class Result
www.itr-dc5.co.uk. CNAME IN itr-dc5.co.uk.
itr-dc5.co.uk. A IN 65.60.58.42
itr-dc5.co.uk. NS IN ns.itr-dc5.co.uk.
ns.itr-dc5.co.uk. A IN 65.60.58.42

LeeH

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
yeah the www record uses a CNAME instead of A.

I've always tried to stay clear of CNAMES where possible.

Domain Type Class Result
http://www.itr-dc5.co.uk. CNAME IN itr-dc5.co.uk.
itr-dc5.co.uk. A IN 65.60.58.42
itr-dc5.co.uk. NS IN ns.itr-dc5.co.uk.
ns.itr-dc5.co.uk. A IN 65.60.58.42
I have no idea what you are talking about, but here's a pic of a bunny, with a pancake on it's head 8)

larz

Advanced Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA... That reply is epic... a rabbit with a pancake on his head... HAHAHAHA....