Wet Vacuumed Recaros

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Did this today, WOW what a difference is all I can say, I need quicker and easier solutions as I have a groin injury that inhibits my activity.

I used to do the seats with a spray cleaner (Autoglym Shampoo, GREAT stuff!), which works well, but it will never give this deep a clean this fast.

Basically, load the wet and dry vacuum up with cleaner liquid and warm water, connect all the hoses and off you go! The machine supplies the solution as you vacuum, so you aren't absolutely soaking the seats, but it really does go deep into the pile of your carpets and seats for that Pro Valet level of cleaning.

Once done, you just leave the seats to dry, took about an hour and a half in this lovely warm weather, just put your windows down an inch to let the air circulate, job done, then once dry, vacuum again to bring the pile up.

Quick, easy and painless with fantastic results. Took me half hour to do the carpets/seats.

I bought a VAX 6131T - £99 from Amazon UK, which I thought was a steal considering you can do all your carpets indoors with it or your friends, lol.

Anyway, Results, Before, After (when wet) and After (when dry vacuumed)
Oh and the amount of dirt that came out.... YUK!

Few more shots :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
Autoglym?!! Don't meguiars sell an equivalent?... Kidding mate ;)

I have the same, I agree it is great stuff :)

Dan34

Advanced Member
Nice work!

I'm really tempted to buy one. I did my old civics recaros with a mates vax and they do work really well!

DC5RS

DC5
Dont make me spend more money :D grrrrr .. Nice results there.. How do you use the autoglym to.clean them.. I used it today on black recaros but not much difference

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Lol, yes the Autoglym is good stuff, you need to work it in, agitate it a bit and rub gently with a damp cloth, then you are meant to absorb the excess with a clean cloth. I would use a sponge with mine to help with agitation, was part of the stain and scuff removal kit.

AlanS

Advanced Member
Bought one of these VAX cleaner from Makro for a bargain price,
What's the best cleaning solution to put in?

AlanS

Advanced Member
DOH! Just opened the Vax cleaner box and theres a already a tub of solution in, should have checked it before i order it. :(

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
AlanS said:
DOH! Just opened the Vax cleaner box and theres a already a tub of solution in, should have checked it before i order it. :(
Can't be without too much, you will go through that stuff FAST! So it's well worth keeping :D

AlanS

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Can't be without too much, you will go through that stuff FAST! So it's well worth keeping :D
Indeed! Wet vacuumed the whole of the interior and half the tub is gone.