What a NIIIIIIIIICE steering wheel

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Seen this on ebay other day....such a nice wheel. Shame it's like £800 +, and it's an S2000 wheel. Think I might get something similar done to my wheel eventually.
Any one on here had a good retrim and could recommend anywhere, and do they/can they flatten the top and bottom of the wheel?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Haha, not to your taste then I take it lol?
The carbon

Lemons

Advanced Member
I think this looks cool. Really updates the interior while staying oem.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I agree, however eventually I'm going to get my cup holder/centre console bit hydro dipped carbon fibre,so I think the carbon wheel would look good. Just need to know if this has been done by anyone.
Would like the top and bottom of the wheel slightly flattened aswell.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
24Lemons said:
I think this looks cool. Really updates the interior while staying oem.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
The FN2 in there isn't too bad to be honest, and the silver compliments the dials etc.

The one in OP though is too too FK8. It would look well out of place in a DC5 imo with all that shiny carbon. Maybe if it was matt it would be too bad. Aside from that, for 800£ I'd expect a better fit and finish. Both of those the 3&9 spokes have a disgustingly large gap in, and I'd expect the spokes to flow into the centre better, but it looks like they've taken a random wheel and smashed a mismatched cente onto it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ATC

Royal steering wheels do a good job without breaking the bank. They retrimmed the wheel in my old civic EP (same wheel as DC5, though I'm yet to fit it now I've got the teg - a job for this summer I think). Think it was £120 for the option I chose (see second image below), and the quality is excellent.
They offer two options:
-Send your wheel to them, they retrim it and send it back
-Order a wheel and pay an extra deposit, once the wheel arrives you send your old wheel back and you get the deposit back

I've definitely seen flat bottomed wheels about for the DC5 (usually branded as EP3), just can't remember if royal steering wheels offer that option...

Here are a couple of examples from their website if a retrim is all you're after anyway:

gaza4

Advanced Member
would an S2000 wheel fit on the DC5? i know they fit the older Civics coz i had one in my EK4

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Theres a flat bottom ep3/dc5 one for sale on facebook at the minute.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
I had a Royal one on my old Boxster, was very nice. I‘d certainly do it again especially to get a better feel for when on track. Low down the list right now though. Not a fan of the opening wheel in this post though! Gaudy.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Hydrodipped Centre consol you say?
Also have the pillars done and the roof liner dyed black. It totally transforms the car.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
Hydrodipped Centre consol you say?
Also have the pillars done and the roof liner dyed black. It totally transforms the car.

Pic bad quality, I can see it faintly but looks nice. A pillars good shout. Dunno about roof lining lol

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

TomNorris

Advanced Member
As promised and only slightly off topic.
Hydrodipped gear surround, radio facia, steering wheel surround, window controls, door handles and kick plates. And black headliner

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
As promised and only slightly off topic.
Hydrodipped gear surround, radio facia, steering wheel surround, window controls, door handles and kick plates. And black headliner

I like it mate. How much did each bit cost to do?
Surprised you don't have the carbon airbag cover with a alcantara wheel?
Like pic attached

TomNorris

Advanced Member
That's how mine came from Japan. The Japanese owner was a bit fake carbon crazy.

I have got a quote to have it all redipped with a different print for £325.

I know done on their own the pillars were 50 quid a piece, the centre consol was 45.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
That's how mine came from Japan. The Japanese owner was a bit fake carbon crazy.

I have got a quote to have it all redipped with a different print for £325.

I know done on their own the pillars were 50 quid a piece, the centre consol was 45.

£50 a peice lol they'll deffo be getting left hahaha