What exhaust is best?

Rob-199

I'm new to the Honda scene and have got a standard dc5 type R, what exhaust is best to go for?

I would like to go for the mugen cat back but it is crazy price new!

I don't want anything stupid loud, just a nice sound.

What would you recommend?

p1tse

Advanced Member
There's a used mugen for sale with unsilenced b pipe for sale in the classifieds

Rom

Advanced Member
Ha, there is no best.
All have pros and cons, it's a compromise game.
There are a few main common ones though.

Avoid anything buddyclub or j's racing, they make great power but are savage loud.
Twin loop was too quiet for me.

dave7368

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Avoid anything buddyclub or j's racing, they make great power but are savage loud.
thats a big generalization, not all BC or J's are stupid loud...

Rom

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
thats a big generalization, not all BC or J's are stupid loud...
All are louder than the Twin loop he wants aren't they? Which is one of the quietest systems I think.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Just fitted an RMA01 - sounds basically stock IMO - it replaced by Spoon b-pipe and OEM backbox. Does feel more pokey though. Claims the following:

Maximum output
- OEM: 141.4kw(192.3ps)/7580rpm
- Fujitsubo: 144.5kw(196.5ps)/7710rpm

Maximum Torque
- OEM: 186.2N・m(19.0kg・m)/6790rpm
- Fujitsubo: 189.1N・m(19.3kg・m)/6600rpm

p1tse

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Just fitted an RMA01 - sounds basically stock IMO - it replaced by Spoon b-pipe and OEM backbox. Does feel more pokey though. Claims the following:

Maximum output
- OEM: 141.4kw(192.3ps)/7580rpm
- Fujitsubo: 144.5kw(196.5ps)/7710rpm

Maximum Torque
- OEM: 186.2N・m(19.0kg・m)/6790rpm
- Fujitsubo: 189.1N・m(19.3kg・m)/6600rpm
I went from oem to the rm01a

It's like subtle amplified stock noise
Bit more burble on start up and not loud at all in any rev range; but a nice subtle deeper tone to oem across whole rev range

RichA

Advanced Member
I have an rm01a fitted with a tegiwa v2 manifold and it sounds great, still pretty quiet but does get louder at the top end, it definitely seems louder since having the manifold though.

beppe786

Beppe
twin loop with a header isn't that quite anymore.. nice toned sound great for everyday and track

everyone has their favorites

MrRy

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I went from oem to the rm01a

It's like subtle amplified stock noise
Bit more burble on start up and not loud at all in any rev range; but a nice subtle deeper tone to oem across whole rev range
I must admit, I am stripped out at the minute as I wanted to clean my carpet so it's not a fair comparison. Agreed, there is more burble on tick over. Basically my Induction kit is louder.

Where as when the Spoon N1 system was on, it was louder than anything.

Rob-199

Think I'm going to look into a mugen twin loop as I do want a bit of noise but nothing overly loud. Best start saving them pennies!