What fuel do you use in your dc5?

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
I used a normal unleaded £20 top up by accident would that cause any damage? Do I let it run low to half tank and top it up using v power?

thanks

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
It’ll be fine - I wouldn’t go ragging the nuts off it until you’ve put some decent fuel back in there though.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If your cars not mapped to any specific fuel it won’t be an issue at all, even if mapped the only thing you may find if the eml flash occasionally if you have some cr4p in the fuel (which I did once) the car ran fine though.

The main concern with fuel is if you have a highly tuned turbo charged car as when being pushed that can the cause pinking when running a lower octane fuel.

You’ll be fine with normal u leaded just done rag it too much, ideally you want to run v-power or similar as all jdm cars run higher octane fuel as it’s avail in Japan (so 97+ is preferred) but 95 won’t cause any issues (especially if you just plod along as if it’s a normal everyday car and don’t go hitting the limiter 24/7)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Can I mix both fuels? Half unleaded half super?
There is nothing special about these cars whatsoever it's just a sporty normal everyday car tbh, not like an F40, McLaren Senna etc :)
Just run it as you would any normal everyday car with good service intervals, maintenance etc, if you took a Mondeo out and had normal 95ron fuel in it and needed more but could only get 97/98/99 ron you'd add it, this is no diff so just drive and enjoy and don't worry and think about things too much buddy

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
There is nothing special about these cars whatsoever it's just a sporty normal everyday car tbh, not like an F40, McLaren Senna etc :)
Just run it as you would any normal everyday car with good service intervals, maintenance etc, if you took a Mondeo out and had normal 95ron fuel in it and needed more but could only get 97/98/99 ron you'd add it, this is no diff so just drive and enjoy and don't worry and think about things too much buddy
Haha you had me in stitches. I will treat it like a Mondeo

carl hammond

Advanced Member
finally someone who makes some sense!!! some of the posts i see here and on facebook you'd swear we were driving million euro supercars!!! haha
Could t agree more, it baffles me some of what’s asked nowadays. There’s nothing special about see cars at all they are just cheap fun drivers cars to be enjoyed.