What is my dc5 worth?

ekg

Advanced Member
My NHB 2002 C-pack (78k miles) is for sale on the forum and on Autotrader. I’ve had a few offers which I declined but not really sure what it’s worth.

There’s some tidy examples (which mine definitely is) that are trying to get £19k! But then other good ones at around £14k.

What is a good price for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemons

Advanced Member
I think car prices in general after covid are all over the place, so many cars advertised month after month which just don't sell. With cost of living and higher interest on loans making this situation even worse.

There is a black facelift £20k car that has been for sale for years, there's a thread on here somewhere with a lot of people saying they wouldn't pay it. Yes the cost of a fresh import increased but I'm not sure their is UK demand, or perhaps cash, to support it.

To me £16k is top money from a reputable importer/dealer. Personally I would start with £14k like "other good ones" which feels about right and perhaps take an offer if I wanted to sell it before the recession.

ekg

Advanced Member
That’s helpful thanks. I think part of my issue is that it’s a reluctant sale because I’ve had it 10 years. So it’s hard not to put a big price tag on it. That said I very rarely drive it anymore.

I’ve just taken a deposit to sell at £15,900. So I guess that’s good going for the times.

Lemons

Advanced Member
That’s helpful thanks. I think part of my issue is that it’s a reluctant sale because I’ve had it 10 years. So it’s hard not to put a big price tag on it. That said I very rarely drive it anymore.

I’ve just taken a deposit to sell at £15,900. So I guess that’s good going for the times.

Nice. I don't use mine but just can't sell it, every time I try to write an advert it just doesn't happen.

ekg

Advanced Member
Yep. It’s a special car but it seems the right time and I can’t see the appreciation values sky rocketing like some other cars.

If you have a garage and don’t need the money, keep it!