what power would i make?

Brecht

Advanced Member
As the title states, curious what power i would lose.
I'm thinking about getting it remapped with the oem exhaust manifold!

Currently makes 247bhp and 238Nm , pw jdm intake , tegiwa v2 exhaust manifold , rrc ( not ported with oem tb), and mugen twinloop.
vtec at 4000rpm
Did change to an rm01a a year ago but didn't dyno it.

i'm guessing torque would improve in the lower rpm range,i'd have to raise the vtec point as it would choke at 4000rpm ( it's the case now if i change to oem manifold on ther current map for MOT )

any guesses?

Thanks!

Brecht

Advanced Member
love the power it makes now , just thought about the option if i wanted to quiet it down a bit.
i'll leave it as it is then.
thanks for the replies !

skengdR

Advanced Member
Brecht said:
love the power it makes now , just thought about the option if i wanted to quiet it down a bit.
i'll leave it as it is then.
thanks for the replies !
what change made it louder ? the exhaust manifold or changing to the rmo1a?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Brecht

Advanced Member
i had the tegiwa coupled with the twinloop for 4 years i think and the rm01a for 2 years (1 year on the side as the car was getting repaired from an accident )
rm01a didn't really make it louder , more tame on the lower revs , i think my twinloop was kind of broken as it sure was getting loud at the end haha.
i don't mind the sounds at all , really like it.
Just a thought that if i was getting tired of it, that i had an option of toning it down but still have the performance .
Oem manifold sure does quiet things down haha.
driving an mk8 fiesta st at the moment , just nice to have a "silent" car at times when you are just cruising along :D
getting rid of it as soon as the dc5 gets registered again.
Just repainting some stuff and checking things now it's off the road, repainting rocker cover , brembo calipers , doing valve clearences ( never done them since owning the car .. 55k km to 134k km yikes.. )