What seat rails to buy?

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Hi just bought my dc5 at the weekend and needing to fit some lowered seat rails. What options are available for the dc5?

I'm 6ft 7 so ideally looking for the biggest drop possible. May also look at changing the driver seat as the 300 mile trip up the road wasn't all that comfy for my fat arse.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Could get a bride seat rail or similar. Gives a slight drop. I'm 6ft 4 and "all legs" and bride seat rails were enough of a drop for me (not that I had an issue with OEM).

In terms of replacement seats, are you thinking bucket seats like pole positions which are very comfy for the support they give. Or seats from another car? Think someone has got fd2/FN2/EP3 prem ed seats fitted before

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Well I was thinking a single pole position seat, however after doing a search I've seen premier edition seats can also be fitted from an ep3. Will see what deals can be had 2nd hand but think the pole positions gonna be the better seat as long as I fit.

As for the rail I think I've seen you can get a 50mm drop although can't mind the manufacturer so will need to search again. I'd look to drop as low as possible then either fit a new steering wheel with boss kit or even try a boss kit with the standard wheel but I think it might look stupid.

Lemons

Advanced Member
I'm 6"3 with most of my height in my body, using a Bride RO which gives plenty of headroom, I wouldn't want to go any lower as my horizontal leg angle is just about comfortable.

I was thinking about a more comfortable seat as the headrest is quite low and the shoulder bolster are a bit tight. I was looking at a Recaro SPG XL as they are a bit bigger than the pole position.

Good video below on how to get the correct bucket seat for your size. It's important to have the harness holes at the correct height, if using harnesses.

https://youtu.be/ugWuTk-A5Fw

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I am running a Bride rail with a Pole Position FIA seat and loads of room but I am only 5'7 and raised it slightly but I'd highly recommend it as a setup, but as said above if you're larger (I am a 28-30 waste max) then other options inc the Recaro SPG XL

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Does the Bride RO rail fit side mounted buckets?
Cant remember which mine is, I believe the Bride code for mine is H077FO and that can as I am using Bride sidemounts.

I am sure the RO can as it has all the holes along the top from memory and they are where the sidemounts get mounted to the rail and then the seat slots in and gets bolted to the rail mate, I can have a look later to check which I have and is theRO does but I am quite confident that both can be used that way

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

So just moved the cars about tonight before leaving for work. I can fit in the seat it's just a little tight that's all. I'm thinking once the lower seat rails are fitted I should then feel more comfortable as I'm having to separate my legs from touching the steering wheel which is then pushing my hips against the bolsters of the seat. Also once I get a rail fitted I'll then look at getting a snap off wheel and boss kit as it'll then sit closer to me. Ideally I'd like to keep the standard wheel but I feel alot better driving with the wheel closer to me and sitting as low as possible and possibly see if my mate can adjust the bracket so I have slightly more space to move a bit further back.

I'm a 34"/36" waste

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Pole position for sale just along the road from me. Sadly after getting home Sunday my tv is on the blink so new ones been ordered so can't justify buying a new seat just yet. As said though I'll see how I get on once I source a lower frame.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
If I were you I'd get a side mount bucket seat and use M2 or Buddyclub rails, this basically allows you to be sat on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Managed to get spoon rails off Facebook just need to wait on them getting delivered. I believe they are a 50mm drop so proper happy and can't wait to get them fitted