What seats fit the dc5

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

So my fat arse doesn't fit in the seat of the dc5. I thought once i lowered the seat it would be better which it kinda is but it's not good enough.

So now I'm wondering what route i shall go down wether it be getting a single bucket seat most likely corbeau. Or do I buy something like premier seats from an ep3. I've also seen accord type r seats which look identical to the prem seats so I'm gonna assume the bolt pattern / distance will be the same.

Am i right in thinking the prem seats fit straight into the dc5?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Some have fitted EVO 6 Recaros and others EP3 Premier edition seats, do a search in here and there‘s more info on it all

The FN2 ones are a no go though as hey need a lot of work to fit mate

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers buddy. The accord recaros close to me the guys asking £150. I might head over with the passenger seat out so I can see if it fits before I buy.

My mates all tell me to buy the corbeau bucket seat just on the driver side. But the car will be used in the summer going runs up north so I need to see how well my wife's ares fits in the dc5 Recaros as well before I make the call.

Also the wee man's car seat just sits on the bolsters of the Recaros so if he's to be up front with me I'll need to buy him another car seat. When I had my mk3 rs his car seat fitted in that perfect

skengdR

Advanced Member
s_barker said:
So my fat arse doesn't fit in the seat of the dc5. I thought once i lowered the seat it would be better which it kinda is but it's not good enough.

So now I'm wondering what route i shall go down wether it be getting a single bucket seat most likely corbeau. Or do I buy something like premier seats from an ep3. I've also seen accord type r seats which look identical to the prem seats so I'm gonna assume the bolt pattern / distance will be the same.

Am i right in thinking the prem seats fit straight into the dc5?
What color are your current dc5 seats ?

There were some fd2 seats for £300 on facebook a couple weeks ago but im sure these went fast.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
skengdR said:
What color are your current dc5 seats ?
There were some fd2 seats for £300 on facebook a couple weeks ago but im sure these went fast.
Nope, they're still for sale. They're in Bristol.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I believe the FD2 ones are similar to FN2 ones - They are not Recaro made and so different fittings etc and a nightmare to fit, someone maybe able to correct me on that as I am not sure but I am 90% certain that's the case with FN2 ones and so believe it will be the same as they are Type R branded (from Honda) and not recaro :-(

skengdR

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I believe the FD2 ones are similar to FN2 ones - They are not Recaro made and so different fittings etc and a nightmare to fit, someone maybe able to correct me on that as I am not sure but I am 90% certain that's the case with FN2 ones and so believe it will be the same as they are Type R branded (from Honda) and not recaro :-(
I think you are right Carl

I msgd the seller in Bristol and he said they sold last week

Lemons

Advanced Member
I have seen FK2 seats fitted. Not sure how hard this would be? Again not Recaro.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yep. The are a fabrication job. Not too hard, but defo not plug and play.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Spotted corsa vxr seats for sale. Look more modern and I'm assuming they'll be comfy. Might take a chance and buy them if they're still available after I've been paid