What tyres do you use?

adam.

Advanced Member
AD08R, all year, all round.

I don't think I've ever had a better tyre. The only one that comes close is the GSD3 of old, but they liked to melt with track abuse.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Chrisdc587 said:
Anyones uses Eagle F1 heard good reviews about it dry and wet grip is very good.
they are good. i would recommend 225 over 215 though

wj51fut

Advanced Member
adam. said:
AD08R, all year, all round.

I don't think I've ever had a better tyre. The only one that comes close is the GSD3 of old, but they liked to melt with track abuse.
AD08R's for me too. Can't beat them as an all round tyre.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I use Eagle F1's, They're good, not amazing though... I'll won't be buying them again (Had 2 sets already), I'll be trying RE070s or AD08R's next.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
I use Eagle F1's, They're good, not amazing though... I'll won't be buying them again (Had 2 sets already), I'll be trying RE070s or AD08R's next.
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
Currently running Yokohama ECOS ES31, which the car came with from Japan - overall they are fine but they aren't great in the wet. Will be going for AD08R's once winter's over :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Ad08R all round too.

The F1 assymetrics are a better wet tyre however, but I have still had good results with the AD08R. They just don't quite grip as well on a wet track but there isn't much in it.

MrRy

Advanced Member
AD08R's in 225 all year round in the past, now they are my track tyres. Moved to RE050 in OEM 215 width and they are a better tyre in every single aspect for the road.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Currently running Yokohama ECOS ES31, which the car came with from Japan - overall they are fine but they aren't great in the wet. Will be going for AD08R's once winter's over :)
As above ^ I'm still running the tyres from Japan (Goodyear Revspec) which are fantastic in the dry, not great in the wet though.
New wheels soon so planning on replacing tyres too with Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 2s.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Federal 595 RSR for me
I never enjoyed the Eagle F1s which was a shame as I bought them brand new! But I loved the RSR soooooooo much x

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah, I won't be on eagles again. Good tyre but not for our cars...sidewalls are way too soft and squidgy. Great in the wet, but not suited to our style of car. Just my personal preference anyway, some people will love abit more comfort.

There are loads of threads on tyres though bud, grab a cuppa and have a noisy :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
AD08R for road and track.

Will have some 4 x Eagle F1's for sale soon if anyone is interested.

Chrisdc587

Im currantly using federal 595 rsr 215/45/17 but i noticed grip is weak in wet. I will try AD08R seems popular choice for this car.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
235/40/17 on the front, rear's are 215/45/17. Ns2r medium compound. They work well in the rain, but hard to keep hot. I'll be fitting a set of rainsports on the oe wheels for this 'season' for when it's really wet.