What tyres do you use?

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
AD08R are very good but expensive. Im running Federal 595 RSR and im very happy with them. Wet ist good, dry its superb. And they are very cheap

R888 are like 12 Years old. I wouldnt consider running them, esp. in the wet the are very bad, ive drove them on my MR2 back in the days.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
The reviews on the federals are not as good as on the ad08r's. There's a reason why they're much cheaper...

I asked Tom at TGMs opinion on tyres and the first thing he mentioned was ad08rs are as good as road tyres get.

I guess it just depends how much you're willing to spend

civic17_99

Advanced Member
cmhshek said:
Just out of curiosity, are there many running re070's on spoon springs? These are going to my next choice unless they'll rub.
I run the RE070's on the OEM wheels with Spoon springs and they don't rub at all.

type_r_baby

When I had my EG I ran AD08's and RS3's and found the AD08's amazing in the dry and very good in the wet and the RS3's were amazing in the wet and very good in the dry. As we have more wet days than dry I now run RS3's on my beamer as is running 18's and the difference is night and day with price

ijlh

Advanced Member
Any downsides to running 225/45/17 over 215/45/17 on the OEM wheels. 225's are always quite a bit cheaper, and potentially more grips. But like i said, is there any downsides?

MrRy

Advanced Member
ijlh said:
Any downsides to running 225/45/17 over 215/45/17 on the OEM wheels. 225's are always quite a bit cheaper, and potentially more grips. But like i said, is there any downsides?
Just slightly more tram lining, little extra wheel weight due to extra rubber which would make a tiny, tiny difference to acceleration and a potentially minuscule increase in wear of parts due to slightly higher levels of potential grip over 215.

I went back to 215 for the road, and leave 225 for track, much nicer driving experience!

ijlh

Advanced Member
Yeah I mean I'd much rather not interfere with what Honda clearly thought was the best size. So looks like I'll pay a bit more 🙄 Thanks though!

adam.

Advanced Member
I was finally able to use my R888R in anger at Silverstone on Sunday - comical levels of grip with the B16's.

Not sure what their minimum operating temperature is mind you, now it's turning cold.

nsxer

Advanced Member
hoping to take dc5 out next weekend on a full set of r888r's ... should be interesting
only ever done TD's using performance road tyres