What tyres do you use?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I looked on a few website and they seemed to have them in stock for 225/45/17...

integraleo

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Hmmm- Just been through this thread and i'm in two minds again.

I'm stuck between Ad08's or the Re070 both 225/45/17.

How many miles do you guys get from your experiences with each tyre? As I am aware that the AD08's do not come with much thread to begin with?

I don't mind paying the extra £20 a corner for the AD08s if they are worth it...
Had 3 sets of re070s on the front and got 10k out of all of them. That compares with 11k out of eagle f1s as2s.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ill be going for the ad08s next. I think they look prettier than the re070, and by the sounds of things last longer too. Adam (gok) has these and i can't remember when he last changed his. Was some time ago. :)

Oem size is a plus too, im personally not interested in 225.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Ill be going for the ad08s next. I think they look prettier than the re070, and by the sounds of things last longer too. Adam (gok) has these and i can't remember when he last changed his. Was some time ago. :)

He changed them recently as the fitter scuffed his alloys from memory?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:

Tyres are a very personal thing and ratings can only do so much. If I remember correctly the f1 as2s had something like 96% for dry grip and re070s 92% but re070 felt like 30% more grip and better feedback. I prefer the look of the Bridgestones and they have stiffer sidewall so give brilliant feedback. If you get a chance to drive on both do it and make your own mind up

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
He changed them recently as the fitter scuffed his alloys from memory?
Yeah, true. Ill wait for him to get back from his hols and ask then. Sure he had a set on for just under 2 years.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Fair enough, but I'm wanting to give it ago next on ad08r

Would plump for re070 if they did it in 215 45 17

Annoyingly blackcircles had them sub £100 fitted I think before Easter

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Tyres are a very personal thing and ratings can only do so much. If I remember correctly the f1 as2s had something like 96% for dry grip and re070s 92% but re070 felt like 30% more grip and better feedback. I prefer the look of the Bridgestones and they have stiffer sidewall so give brilliant feedback. If you get a chance to drive on both do it and make your own mind up
Im sure i will like them performance wise, it's purely how they look and the 225 size of them that will mean im never going to by a set for my wheels. Im not even a fan of my F1 as2s either tbh, too soft and squidgy for me unfortunately....wouldn't recommend them for our type of car, but then everyone is different. They are a brilliant ride, but let the tegs handling down in my eyes, but again everyone is different :) Would be brilliant on a gt car. Ive only kept them on as they are good at gripping, and i know they will save the day should i meed to stop in a hurry, but just no confidence in them when pressing on. My stiffer sidewalled winter wheels with Falken FK453's on are more fun to drive on which surprised me. :)

I never go off the online ratings either, ill always try and do a few reviews on forums and such like first. And there is no disputing the fact RE070 get a raving report...just too big and ugly for a 7.5j rim, they look so odd, plus I couldn't fit them under my arches on the spoon springs.

ive seen first hand how both perform, and the AD08 pinches it for me. :) they seem fine in the wet, (not that mine sees much water anymore) and seem to last long enough, but look amazing with the symmetrical pattern. But the price will out most off compared to the bridgstones. But then if your changing them twice as fast as a set of ad08s, are they that cost effective? Again so many variables involved to tyre wear etc. I get that.

At the end of the day, go with what your happy with. :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
+1 for ad08s looking better.

Think its worth the extra money from reviews I've seen online. There's an f1autocentre near me that will supply and fit them for £445 or £350 for the re070's

integraleo

Advanced Member
10k out of a pair of fronts on the re070 there's no way ad08 will be still going at 20k. And as for fitting mine was lowered on eibachs and never once rubbed,just gives the wheel a bit more protection. Like I said tho tyres are a personal thing and if you are set on ad08s then go for them.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
AD08R's guys :D

They come with 9mm tread depth, I wouldn't use anything esle...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBux6psPac[/media]

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Just out of curiosity, are there many running re070's on spoon springs? These are going to my next choice unless they'll rub.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
cmhshek said:
Just out of curiosity, are there many running re070's on spoon springs? These are going to my next choice unless they'll rub.
Im running spoon springs on 225/45/17 (same as the re070s) and they don't rub.

They fill the arch out nicely

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
spooke said:
AD08R's guys :D

They come with 9mm tread depth, I wouldn't use anything esle...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBux6psPac[/media]
I've just got my DC5 and it has AD08R's all round, how long do these normally last? Think they've done about 5k and still have plenty tread on them!

spooke

Advanced Member
ChrisJDMDC5 said:
I've just got my DC5 and it has AD08R's all round, how long do these normally last? Think they've done about 5k and still have plenty tread on them!
Not sure tbh, first time I've had them. From what I've seen 20k+, not sure if you do a lot of track days.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I spoke to Tom at TGM about them and he said they are reallllly good for a road tyre but do not last long.

I think he might have been referring to the performance on track as ive seen some pictures where the tyre starts to melt as its such a soft sticky compound.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
10k out of a pair of fronts on the re070 there's no way ad08 will be still going at 20k. And as for fitting mine was lowered on eibachs and never once rubbed,just gives the wheel a bit more protection. Like I said tho tyres are a personal thing and if you are set on ad08s then go for them.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
I am currently at 20k fronts and 25k rears but that is wearing them right down to the minimum limit, which I try to avoid!
I don't hang around either, but I haven't done a trackday since fitting this set so I would expect 5k to be knocked off those figures.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Seems like a no brainer to me then. 20k+ is pretty good form the tyres ive experienced.

Best deal I've found is £432 fitted (225/45/17). Let me know if anywhere tops that chaps :)