What's the best MPG you have acheived?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just thought I would pose this question :roll:

Well over the weekend, done a few miles, run up from Gloucestershire to Yorkshire and got 37.5mpg, then when up in Yorkshire, had a run out, did use Vtec a bit, but stuck to the legal limit and got 40.19mpg :lol: :lol:

Just wondered what others have managed, btw I did not even try :shock:

Mike

Erm

Advanced Member
:lol: yeh if you keep to the limit you hardly use any petrol! I was surprised how good it was

but then thats boring and is a shame not to use vtec :(

TYPER

What is the point of having the car if you are going to stay below the Vtec and drive slowly? Enjoy yourself man drive it like u stole it.

Caroline

Oh my god, I only get 30mpg but lately I'm only doing short runs and i'm only getting about 25!!

20Drift

Members
Staff member
oh mike, u managed to get 37 -40mpg from a full tank? oh god~ i can do around 230miles (20-21mpg) from a full tank in town only :shock: have to drive like an old man & keep under 3krpm all the time... :( argh~~~ can anyone can tell me how many mpg they have managed in short runs?

cheers,

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Not sure about short runs Andre, mine seems to be ok. Think with a mix of driving I get around 30mpg, but less if I go out and have some fun :lol:

Mike

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Managed 35mpg on a 200 mile round trip yesterday. Wasn't exactly hanging around but averaged 50mph or so there and back. :)