What's the general consensus on auto finesse ?

gurrik

Hi all, just gave the dc5 a nice wash and polish today. Thought I would try out some new autofiness products I got.

Only bought 2 just to try it out as I havnt used it before and was curious.

I bought the lather (car shampoo) and triple (their all in one polish)

Got to be honest wasn't too impressed with it. The lather didn't foam up as well as other products and the triple although did produce a nice finish I just felt it was lacking.

Will continue to use as I bought a big bottle of each just don't feel that the price ~£20 each was justified.

I could be wrong just wondered what other felt

Sadly didn't take pictures as it got dark by the time i finished and after one trip to work tomorrow it will inevitably get muddy again

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I use some auto finesse stuff

Their wheel cleaner is good and in the summer months I use one of their waxes (can't remember which off hand) because it gives a very nice glossy finish but isn't the most durable

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I bought an auto finesse kit with my machine polisher...can't get on with the products atall.

Bought a big drying towel in Holland from the show stand and the guy was saying this will dry a car twice over....again, it's nothing special. My cheap big microfibres i pick up two for a tenner at car shows do a far better job at absorbing and not spreading the water around. I washed the drying towel as instructed, its all nice and soft, but half way round its wringing wet, and there is green fluff everywhere. Lol

I have also used the lather stuff once from Gok when at a car show...smells nice, but as said above, didn't do anything special, but when drying it seemed to make the paintwork sticky?? Like my wax had been removed. Just didn't feel as smooth as it was like some.

Ive seen the lambs wool wash mitt loose chunks of material after a few washes...just seems to be a good name, but a very average finish.

To be fair the rag top sealer worked well on my dads s2000, but thats of no use to me haha.

I think Its branding is good, and looks smart etc, but i think all your paying for is a name. Ive used far better products at half the price. Doesn't get my vote, and like you after all the hype i felt very disappointed.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I use a combination of products, predominantly Meguiars and a bit of Auto Finesse.
I'm certainly no detailing guru but I'm very happy with them. They do the job as expected and usually smell pretty good too!
As of tomorrow, I'll be able to give you more feedback on a lot of Auto Finesse products as I won all this on their Facebook 'Share This, Win This' competition last week:

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

gurrik

Oh wow lucky you !! I always thought no one actually ever one these share competitions.

Definitely keen to here your feedback :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
gurrik said:
Oh wow lucky you !! I always thought no one actually ever one these share competitions.

Mate of mine won a demon tweaks one for the full eibach suspension and chassis kit for his s2k.

Quite a prize!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adamamuk

Advanced Member
gurrik said:

I felt exactly the same mate!

There seems to be a lot of 'share to win' competitions on facebook these days.
Johngreen537 said:
Mate of mine won a demon tweaks one for the full eibach suspension and chassis kit for his s2k.

Quite a prize!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's an awesome prize right there!

p1tse

Advanced Member
I was in the lookout for new products and from memory I didn't think much of the customer services and read about similar feedback as mentioned by jimmer above, so decided to spend my money elsewhere

For a non high street detailing product it does well from a marketing point of view, but better or similar products can be had for less in my opinion

As for rating products it's always subjective to what you've tried and against different paintwork.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have been using AF for over two years after using Meguiars and AutoGlym for many years prior. I think it's good value for what you get and if you use it correctly. It's taken some time to work out how best to use some of the products and what to avoid. Like all ranges, some products you get on with and some you don't. I still use some Meguiars and AutoGlym products. I'm now on Menzerna which is even better. But I still would use AF products.

I don't think it comes out that bad!!

gurrik

WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I have been using AF for over two years after using Meguiars and AutoGlym for many years prior. I think it's good value for what you get and if you use it correctly. It's taken some time to work out how best to use some of the products and what to avoid. Like all ranges, some products you get on with and some you don't. I still use some Meguiars and AutoGlym products. I'm now on Menzerna which is even better. But I still would use AF products.

I don't think it comes out that bad!!

That's a nice finish. What AF products did you use ?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Can't see past Auto Finnese products for how easy they are to use. This is my daily after using some of their stuff.

Not bad for an hours work

FireDance

Advanced Member
I love their quick detailer, I find it better than Megs Ulitmate.

I intereted to see what people think of their waxes as I fancy a change from Fusso

adamamuk

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
I love their quick detailer, I find it better than Megs Ulitmate.

I intereted to see what people think of their waxes as I fancy a change from Fusso
The 'Tripple' is really good
It's a polish, wax and cleaner all in one.
I found it does a fantastic job removing light swirling on the paint whilst providing a good layer of protection.

The other one I got in my bundle was the 'Glisten' which is just a spray wax, which is more like 'top up/quick detailer' sort of wax. This made the paint smooth as glass and beads like crazy! (& it also smells essence!)

I'd like to try their 'illusion' show car wax but that costs an absolute bomb!