Wheel arch rubbing / offset / spacers / 225 wide tyres

MrRy

Advanced Member
Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone can advise in the world of tyres/wheels, offsets etc. as I am not knowledgeable here :)

My new AD08R's rub ever so slightly on the back, more one side that the other and less so on the front. I'm planning on raising the entire car by 10mm soon but in the meantime....:

I currently have Dunlop Forged wheels with an ET48 offset (standard is ET60) with 8mm spacers on the front and 6mm spacers on the back. (not sure why the dude in Japan ran it this way)

On the front without the spacers they just clear the callipers by a few mm, so fine there to remove them front and back.

However now I have an extra 5mm either side of the rim thanks to the 225 tyres, I should be able to forgo the spacers and not suffer from the OE spacing being out too much (if I guess right, I should be ET53 with the tyres based on the floor contact patch).

Would you guys tend to agree? And would I suffer much from OEM being 7ET out?

Cheers
Ryan

Kerv

Advanced Member
The higher the offset, the more it will sit inside the arch. The lower the offset, the more it will come out of the arch.
If you are having a slight rubbing issue on the rear, just remove the spacers on the rear and it should be fine.
I hope that helps.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Kerv said:
The higher the offset, the more it will sit inside the arch. The lower the offset, the more it will come out of the arch.
Ah I see, makes perfect sense now, I always though it was the other way around. So in effect because I have 6mm spacer on the back, the ET on these alloys go from ET48 to ET42? (if each ET point is in mm)

if so, it's a eureka moment for me.

Cheers

Dan34

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Ah I see, makes perfect sense now, I always though it was the other way around. So in effect because I have 6mm spacer on the back, the ET on these alloys go from ET48 to ET42? (if each ET point is in mm)

if so, it's a eureka moment for me.

Cheers
You are correct :)

MrRy

Advanced Member
In fact that means I'm happy to remove both spacers from the front and back for now and will read up on widening the track and understanding the logistics.