Wheels - can I fit 18"s???

Nat

I bought a Integra type R import in October and love it!! I am in the process of looking for some new wheels and have found a set that i just need to get!
One thing i have been contemplating is buying a set of 18s. However i am unsure as to how easy they will be to fit. Will i need to do any arch work? I want to be able to just fitthe wheels and go!

Can this be done or shall i stick to 17s which i have on the car now?

Nat :roll:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Nat

The choice is yours really, depends on what you have in mind for the car long term :?:

Bigger wheels, will slow you down for a start and the ride will be effected. Also, the DC5 is difficult to get wheels for, due to the high offset of 60 :!: Don't know if you had taken this into account.

Mike

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Also consider that on a 17" you are running a 45 offset, on an 18" this will be much lower.

Mind you - I think Paul at TSL was running his scooby on 19"s and a set of rubber bands :wink: and by god you could feel every last bump in the road!

JOM

Advanced Member
Hi Nat,

Are you going to introduce yourself and tell us all about your car :?:

James

Nat

RE:

Hi,

I think i am going to stick to 17"s at it is easier! There is just so many wheels i like its hard to decide!

I have been told however in the winter to avoid chrome as the grit will wreck them so wont be choosing them! :(

Sorry James - didn't say much did I!

I have always like integra's and after test driving a few cars (such as GTO's, Civic's, 200sx etc) i test drove an Integra and at that point my mind was set. I wanted an import though as i dont like the lights on the uk spec.

A few of the mods on the car are - lexus back lights, apexi Vtec controller, Mugan exhaust, HKS and K&N induction kit and air filter etc, ICE system.

I do love it though - and i am only 22!!!! :lol:

Nat

Must add my car is 1998 (R Reg) - jap import. Does this mean it is still 60 offset???

Del-R

Does your ITR have the later 5 stud or the early 4stud Alloys?
Either way I'm almost sure the DC2 is a 50 offset although 45 will should be ok.