Wheels for that big offset??

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi guys
I'm having trouble finding alternative alloys for my DC5 which accomodate the 60 ET/Offset. Everything I see is around the 40ish ET. Has anyone swopped their wheels and if so, what for? Did you add spacers?
I dont mich fancy adding 18mm spacers :-O
Cheers
Chris

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Chris,

I've been puzzled by this one too. I've concluded that most people change the stock DC5 wheels to ones with a 45mm offset. Spoon advertise 45mm offset wheels for the DC5. I have considered Team Dynamic Pro Race 2 16" wheels for mine because they are quite cheap and more importantly reasonably light. I gave up when TD couldn't be bother to supply to the reseller I was buying from. I've also been looking at some TD Pro Race 1 15" wheels, again witha 45mm offset, as an alternative from another source. I had the garage selling them offer them up to see if they fit over the large front Brembo calipers which is big consideration obviously. They fitted fine. The same garage race Civics with the same wheels.

I'm pretty sure Andre's 17" OZ's are 45mm offset too and they seemed to perform well for him without affecting the handling. Being slight further apart from eachother should help stability I guess but I'm not suspension / chassis expert.

If I have the money right now I'd go for Buddy Club Racing QF's of Volk TE-37's. Big money but super light.

Cheers,

Jon

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info :)
The reason I was asking is that we've just added wheels to our site and they all seemed to be in the 40's with their ETs and I was wanting to put a set of my DC5. I'll give a 17" with a 45 ET a go and see what happens :)
Cheers
Chris