Wheels what fits and how they look

jay82

Advanced Member
does anybody know the nuts taper size for 5zigen wheels?
finding it hard to find anywhere to help on this one

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
17x7 et40 Lenso D1R with Toyo T1R 215x45 - Superb fit with with OEM or Fast Road Setup - Could rub otherwise on outer arch lip if lowered excessively.

D1R + T1R + 06&R + ITR= Type-R consistency awesomeness! :lol: 8)

redcap

Advanced Member
17 x 8 ET45 Rays 57 M SPORT G07WT in Winning Blue

Shot at 2011-06-10

Shot at 2011-06-10

Aly

Advanced Member
Alloys 18x8 ET33
Tyres 215/40/18
Fast Road Set up

= Rears rubbing when going over large bumps.

I rolled my arches but decided i would get the camber increased to be safe (plus i think it looks cool).

poiu

Banned
ok.. would a 17x8.5 ET30 with 225/45 tyres fit a lowered 5, the rear arches have been rolled, and a TGM geo done recently...

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Put on 215 tyres and it would give you a better chance. Will be tight. I have no camber or rolled arches and i fit a 215 tyre on 8.5 +43 with no rubbing

paul hughes

8x17 Buddyclub wheels ET35.

fitted with 235x40x17 R888. arches rolled front and rear. we did this mod on the Demo car. handles very very well.

Tried 215 but they slide a very very lot in wet or dry when driving hardddddd.

we also do a 9 x 17 conversion with wide arches and bumper, same size tyres but much angrier :xhaha2:

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
Anyone have size, offsets etc for Volks racing te37's? Looking to get these soon but unsure on the above. Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers

tico_87

Advanced Member
Any ideas if these will fit 17 x 7 ET 35 front and back.
Car is currently on stock suspension but will be lowered on springs in future.

Tim J

Advanced Member
A sneak peak of what has slowly come together, just waiting for some 5mm spacers for the rear's as the hubs don't allow for the centre caps to be on the wheels.

Anyway,

Wheels are Rota Circuit 10's in 17
Custom coloured Brembo's
Muteki Purple locking wheel nuts
Tyres are existing Goodyear F1 asymetric 215/45's

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg210/scaled.php?tn=0&server=210&filename=ld63.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Wheels aren't to everyone's taste but I personally don't like the black wheel look

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Has anyone fitted the Evo 8 MR wheels. They are the same dimensions as the regular Evo 8 wheels so 17x8 ET38mm.

Lovely wheels and in grey or black would look awesome on the DC5.

Stevie

redcap

Advanced Member
Yep AD08's are 215 45 17, fit the wheels perfectly as the side wall is quite square the stretch is very minimal, you'd never know. I'd be curious to see how 225's would be but I'm reluctant to try it in case they rub.

No arch mods but they do rub now and again when there is some weight in the back. I'll probably get the rear arches rolled at some point.

Lowered on spoon spring with FRSU rear camber is 1.1.

Rausner

I'm a bit curious, is the ITR chassi that much different from the RSX? On ClubRSX.com they fit all kinds of wheels with no probs on stock fenders. 17x9 RPF1's (can't remember the ET right now) fit without archwork? :S

Adam-f

Advanced Member
I'm a bit curious, is the ITR chassi that much different from the RSX? On ClubRSX.com they fit all kinds of wheels with no probs on stock fenders. 17x9 RPF1's (can't remember the ET right now) fit without archwork? :S
I've been confused about this for a while also! I'm guessing there no difference between the ITR and RSX at all, but i love the "Stancedd" look and been looking for the perfect wheels with a lowest offset possible to run on a DC5 without arch work, if you look on ClubRSX i always see people running like 17X9J ET25 with no problems at all, I was looking at a build thread on there earlier and some bloke had Advan RG's they were 17x9J ET29 all around, Running 215/40/17 tires and it looked perfect!

Could anyone shine some light on this subject ? :)